PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Loading os installed within windows

njoroge
November 16th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Hi, i had earlier asked for help during loading of v8.04.when trying to load the comp tells me 'sda driver need update'.i was told it was no bother.i tried changing the command by writing' break=mount' since i realised the comp was searching for a floppy.it didn't help.i have installed my ubuntu in windows as an app.pls help. :(

JebusWankel
November 16th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Don't keep making new threads for the same problem, reply to the previous thread. That way we can see what has already been posted about the problem. If the thread gets buried, reply with a bump. Also try to use as many appropriate keywords as possible so people can find your thread with a search. It sounds like you may have been using wubi. You should mention that or tag it that. Tagging it ubuntu doesn't really help since this these are the Ubuntu forums. Lastly, if this is a wubi problem, you should put it in the Wubi sub-forum. I've used ubuntu for a few years and I have no idea what you did with the break=mount, so I think you are more than an absolute beginner.

I hope that wasn't too harsh. Friendliness is what sets these forums and ubuntu apart from the other distros. I'm just trying to help.