PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with Panels

s6pnj
November 16th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Hello all, I've finally registered now that I'm trying to get my head around Ubuntu and can't resolve my issues just be reading the forums.

I managed to delete my panel item that shows the desktops (the little squares that you can set to show the window outlines on each separate desktop - found in the bottom right hand corner usually). Well, in managing to get this back, I seem to have also installed another copy of the 'Windows List' - the one where you get a bar showing the running programs. So what I now see when I start anything (say 'My Places') is two copies of the bar, one on the left side of the panel, one on the right side of the panel. If I right click, I don't get an option to remove, only to close or minimise and all this does is to close or minimise the window/program that is running. it doesn't remove it from the panel.

Any clues please folks? It's Ubuntu 8.10 by the way

binbash
November 16th, 2008, 07:21 PM
right click at the begining of window list and select remove.

s6pnj
November 16th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Binbash - many thanks - something so simple yet it had me frustrated. I right clicked at the left side of the program bar (the running program) and selected remove - Brill! that then left me with the second bar about midway on the panel (yuck) so I right clicked on the left side of that one and selected move and dragged it to the left of the panel where the first one was, Guess I should have just removed the one in the middle of the panel and then I wouldn't have had the second bit of messing around!
Cheers!