PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 64-bit OS: mouse problems

the_fury
November 16th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Hi everyone,
I know you've probably seen a lot of 64-bit help posts, so let me define my problem:

I have Intrepid Ibex, Ubuntu 8.10, 64-bit architecture [because my computer has a 64-bit architecture].

Whenever my mouse moves over a scroll bar, it will automatically begin to scroll down.

This is very annoying because then I cannot see the top of the list, which incidentally are the more important entries [I discovered this while accessing my delicious bookmarks].

Any help you can offer would be appreciated...
Thanks.

Mardoct909
November 16th, 2008, 03:43 AM
64 bit isn't really relevant to the mouse... Thanks for trying to help us understand the problem better, though.

Does it have a scroll wheel? If so, is it stuck? Try another mouse and see if the problem persists.

the_fury
November 16th, 2008, 05:20 AM
OK, perhaps a name change should be in order. I felt that 64-bit OS wasn't worth switching for, and so I reverted to 32-bit.

However.. the problem is still there.

I tried a different mouse and the trackpad. All of them have this problem, so it is neither system-related, or hardware-related.

Any more suggestions?
~ Thanks

the_fury
November 16th, 2008, 02:05 PM
OK, I've swapped out the mouse for a non-wireless one, and now it works like a charm. Funny that... might be a problem with the wireless, or problem with the usb driver.