PDA

View Full Version : Problem logging in my yahoo IM account, please help.

GutsyRabbit
November 15th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Got big-time problems, i cant login into my Yahoo account.
It doesn't matter if i use Pidgin or Kopete, and it doesn't matter what distribution i use, i almost always get this error message:
"Could not establish a connection with the server:
Error resolving scs.msg.yahoo.com:
Name or service not known"

or i get this error:
server name lookup failed.

what am i doing wrong? i triple checked to see if i mistyped the password and name, but there alright.

kkuzia
November 16th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I am actually getting the exact same issue - cannot connect to Yahoo through Pidgin or Kopete and get the same error message.

k33bz
November 22nd, 2008, 08:43 AM
I am actually getting the exact same issue - cannot connect to Yahoo through Pidgin or Kopete and get the same error message.
I just started getting that message today

NWAdawg
November 22nd, 2008, 09:13 AM
I ran into the same problem today. I found this thread earlier, It fix my problem.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6228195#post6228195

Solaris3k1
December 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty sure they were undergoing maintenance. Alternative Clients didn't announce it but my friend who was on yahoo messaged me on MSN as soon as I got kicked off and went "Ugh, that sucks, I hate talking on MSN... frigging maintenance." Only in much harsher words.

I'm guessing it's probably a good bet? ;)

Also, when I first had the error last night, that site didn't respond to ping. I think they took their server down for a bit.

spawn.
December 6th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I'd switch your primary IM client to GoogleTalk.

just.another.alex
December 6th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Hello!
Happened to me too last night!
But now, it was something different!
I tried pidgin and meebo: none of them worked!
Instead I could use webmessenger.yahoo.com, and I was told that people with YahooMessenger9 could connect OK....

Yahoo is modifying protocol, like others change their socks :P

richg
December 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Yahoo has had some problems recently. I use Yahoo email but the web page version. One day for a few hours the Yahoo home page and email login pages where down. After ten years of Yahoo email, I have found it to be very reliable.

Rich

fjf314
December 6th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I never use YIM, but I can confirm that I've been having issues recently with my Yahoo email. It has been rather spotty for the past couple of weeks. A few people have even had messages sent to my account bounced back to them as undeliverable.