PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] microphone problem

luckydeveloper
November 15th, 2008, 03:35 PM
hi,

i wanted to use sound recorder just for fun. i actually have headset with microphone attached.

I clicked the button "record" in it and gave a shout at it.i could hear my shout in my speakers when i was making that sound.. but i could not hear anything when i playback.

In "sound recorder", in the status bar, there is a thing called level, i noticed that when i was recording my voice, the level didn't show any waves...

what could be the problem...

at normal times as well, when i make whispers, i could hear it in my speakers... but i am not able to record my voice..

please help

fr.theo
November 15th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I have also been having the same problem, you might want to load your volume control in your >>applications> sound and Video > volume control

select preferences and tick mic boost and any other selection concerning the mic. Once you have done that you should then go back to your volume control and under the tab switches you will notice mic boost tick it and give that a go.

P.s check all you volume controls as well in recording tab and play back tab, I still can hear my self clearly in the head set, but i require the mic close to my lips to get a clear recording. I have a Sound blaster Audgy 2 card.

Good Luck.