PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] How do I installed ndiswrapper from a disc?

diablo75
November 15th, 2008, 12:42 AM
A friend of mine just installed Ubuntu on his laptop that he can't connect to the Internet with (because he's at work and doesn't have a raw ethernet connection; everything is VPN).

So we're trying to find a way to install ndiswrapper from a thumb drive. He can download from one PC and save files to a USB drive to move over to the Ubuntu machine. What do we need to download?

Skripka
November 15th, 2008, 12:50 AM
A friend of mine just installed Ubuntu on his laptop that he can't connect to the Internet with (because he's at work and doesn't have a raw ethernet connection; everything is VPN).

So we're trying to find a way to install ndiswrapper from a thumb drive. He can download from one PC and save files to a USB drive to move over to the Ubuntu machine. What do we need to download?

You'll need Ndiswrapper and ndiswrapper-utils. Debs can be downloaded for your architecture for extra easy install.

adult swim
November 15th, 2008, 12:57 AM
you can get those packages here, assuming you are using intrepid http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/misc/
youll also need to get your hands on the windows driver for the card