PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to get hardy heron human theme in intrepid ?

luckydeveloper
November 14th, 2008, 06:01 PM
hi,

now, i have intrepid ibex in my desktop. i dont like the new human theme dont know why...... i want to use hardy heron's human theme.. where can i get that theme (hardy heron human theme) ?

please help

phidia
November 14th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Have you looked in themes (System > Preferences > Appearance)
If it's not there you could pull it off of a heron cd if you have one-I'm sure you can still download it from places like linux tracker if you don't.

Also you can search through gnome-look themes (http://www.gnome-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=150&PHPSESSID=27bec388a659ca5cb3a697dfe2bebae6)

tjwoosta
November 14th, 2008, 07:04 PM
just curious, whats the difference between 8.04's human theme and 8.10's human theme?

phidia
November 14th, 2008, 07:20 PM
just curious, whats the difference between 8.04's human theme and 8.10's human theme?

I thought the "new human" was darker in tone-but I'm not sure.

LowSky
November 14th, 2008, 07:49 PM
It look very much the same to me... Did I miss something?

OrangeCrate
November 14th, 2008, 07:55 PM

I believe the new default Human theme in Intrepid, is the Human Murrine theme from Hardy. So, there would be differences.

LowSky
November 14th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Well that might explain it, but then again I use the same Glossy P theme since Fiesty.

Keen101
November 14th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure about differences in the human theme itself, but i have noticed some differences in the human-icon-theme. For example the shutdown button is grey, it is just defaulting to the gnome shutdown icon. Very annoying for me. I might rip the hardy theme from a cd too.

The icon theme(s) can be found in /usr/share/icons

niccholaspage
November 14th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I know how. Open up a terminal and type this:

wget http://lug.mtu.edu/ubuntu/pool/main/h/human-theme/human-theme_0.18_all.deb
wget http://lug.mtu.edu/ubuntu/pool/main/h/human-icon-theme/human-icon-theme_0.28_all.deb
sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-ubuntulooks
sudo dpkg -i human*.deb
Don't upgrade human-icon-theme and human-theme.
Apply the Human theme and it should use the 8.04 theme.

If you don't like it, then run the following commands:

sudo apt-get purge human-theme human-icon-theme
sudo apt-get install human-theme human-icon-theme ubuntu-artwork
Apply Human back again and you will be using 8.10.

tjwoosta
November 15th, 2008, 02:36 AM
For example the shutdown button is grey, it is just defaulting to the gnome shutdown icon.

my ubuntu 8.10 shutdown icon is still red

this is the default human theme, the only difference is that i changed the selected items color to grey

Keen101
November 17th, 2008, 08:14 AM
my ubuntu 8.10 shutdown icon is still red

umm... no. If you notice under >System >Shutdown.... the icon is grey. Your logout icon is the one which is red. You can clearly see it in your own screenshot.

tjwoosta
November 17th, 2008, 09:02 PM
o..

ok, i thought you were talking about the shutdown icon on the right side of the top gnome panel