PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Vnc

johnhouk
November 14th, 2008, 05:48 AM
How do i enable the VNC protocol in the Terminal Server Client?

Carl Hamlin
November 14th, 2008, 05:55 AM
That got enabled for me when I installed a VNC client.

I removed the client almost immediately thereafter however, once I realized that VNC only works when you've got a running session on the host computer. Completely useless for my purposes.

johnhouk
November 14th, 2008, 06:02 AM
a VNC client, so i have choices, thats cool. I perfer UltraVNC if thats a choice.

I once saw a portable vnc server that you could preconfigure, email, and relay a password. maybe thats of some use to you. i think it was a tightvnc product? I'm not sure.

Carl Hamlin
November 14th, 2008, 09:49 AM
a VNC client, so i have choices, thats cool. I perfer UltraVNC if thats a choice.

I once saw a portable vnc server that you could preconfigure, email, and relay a password. maybe thats of some use to you. i think it was a tightvnc product? I'm not sure.

I went out to uvnc.com to see what UltraVNC is about, and unless I'm missing something, it sure looks to me like it's a Windows only application. You could try it under Wine or a copy of Windows running in a VM, but neither of those options is going to do much towards activating the VNC protocol in the Terminal Client, unfortunately.