PDA

View Full Version : [other] help! Netatalk Install error

yurikoster1
November 14th, 2008, 01:38 AM
hello guys :)

i managed to install netatalk in my Intrepid Ibex and even got it to connect it with my "new" Mac Mini. but it seems the netatalk package from the repositories can only send passwords in plain text so i unistalled it and tryed to follow this tutorial :
http://blog.damontimm.com/how-to-install-netatalk-afp-on-ubuntu-with-encrypted-authentication/

sadlly when i got to the source download i got this error:

"yuri@Ubuntu:~/src/netatalk$ apt-get source netatalk
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Could not open file /var/lib/apt/lists/hendrik.kaju.pri.ee_ubuntu_dists_feisty_screenlets _source_Sources - open (2 No such file or directory)
yuri@Ubuntu:~/src/netatalk$ sudo apt-get source netatalk
Building dependency tree
E: Could not open file /var/lib/apt/lists/hendrik.kaju.pri.ee_ubuntu_dists_feisty_screenlets _source_Sources - open (2 No such file or directory)"

can anyone help me get this done?

thanks in advance,
yuri

yurikoster1
November 14th, 2008, 04:18 AM
anyone?

I got the source from here(https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+source/netatalk/2.0.3-11ubuntu1/+files/netatalk_2.0.3.orig.tar.gz but now when i try to build the dependencies (sudo apt-get build-dep netatalk) i get this error:

"yuri@Ubuntu:~/src/netatalk$ sudo apt-get build-dep netatalk
Building dependency tree
E: Could not open file /var/lib/apt/lists/hendrik.kaju.pri.ee_ubuntu_dists_feisty_screenlets _source_Sources - open (2 No such file or directory)"

did i get the rigth source? if yes the is there a way to build this dependencies some other way?

I really could use some help

tnks in advance,

yuri

thornomad
November 14th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Did you try running:

$ sudo apt-get update

Before you did any of this? That may resolve the conflict -- I don't think the issue has anything to do with the .deb package or the source package you downloaded ... something isn't right with apt. That's my guess.

Damon

yurikoster1
November 14th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Did you try running:

$ sudo apt-get update

Before you did any of this? That may resolve the conflict -- I don't think the issue has anything to do with the .deb package or the source package you downloaded ... something isn't right with apt. That's my guess.

Damon

tnks 4 your reply

yes i did run that command. i even switched the download server from brazil( where i live) to the main server, then i ran apt-get update again but still no luck