PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] kubuntu to ubuntu

muted1987
November 12th, 2008, 01:00 PM
ok so i installed kubuntu using the live cd and then decided to install ubuntu-desktop to see what it was like and i prefer it, so uninstalled all the kde stuff following a thread here somewhere.

But am i right in thinking some stuff will be left over for instance the usplash screen is just black even though i installed a new one.

was there a safer way to do this wothout the use of a live cd

overdrank
November 12th, 2008, 01:08 PM
ok so i installed kubuntu using the live cd and then decided to install ubuntu-desktop to see what it was like and i prefer it, so uninstalled all the kde stuff following a thread here somewhere.

But am i right in thinking some stuff will be left over for instance the usplash screen is just black even though i installed a new one.

Hi and this link may help
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/puregnome

handydan918
November 12th, 2008, 02:06 PM

Not sure about "safer", but using the alternative install cd certainly gives you more granular control.