PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] evolution help

ubrox
November 12th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Help!! I am getting frustrated with evolution.

I have 3 accounts - 1 POP, 1 IMAP and 1 Exchange

1. I set my POP account as default account. Still when I compose new message or reply to a message that came to my POP account, Evolution sets my Exchnage as the default "From". POP is set as my default, still no change.
2. Autocomplete is not working. I select personal and exchnage contacts in autocomplete. It doesnt auto complete any addresses. Very frustrating. I already selected the exchnage contacts as default address book.
3. In compose window, I have two toolbars, one below each other .. How can I move them side by side. Evolution seems very crude even though I have been using it for a while.

ubrox
November 12th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Ok ... Fixed the first issue ... or found out what was going on ..

depending on which folder (IMAP, local, Exchnage) is selected, the compose window sets the "from" address.

if I was in Exchange inbox and selected "new", it will set from as my exchange address ...

Works as designed ... but ----

here is my situation .. I have emails delivered to my POP address and I set evolution filter to deliver all my email to my exchange folder. However, POP and exchange are two different accounts. I wish there was a way to select my POP as my default outgoing for every email. :(

As for (3), if you select HTML, then the second toolbar appears. I dont know how to make them appear side by side. More here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/295121

And (2) still doesnt work.

Also, is there a "check names" is evolution at all? Like in Outlook ... type a name as far as you can remember and say "check names" and it shows possible matches. Ctrl+k shortcut in outlook. Evolution?? any help on this is strongly appreciated