PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Both Ubuntu computers don't like myspace or movies.

concerto
November 11th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I have 2 newer Dual Core computers (Vaio and a Dell) running Ubuntu with all restricted extras and updates that I know of installed and current.

But Ubuntu Still freezes when trying to view some MySpace pages and when I want to watch some live streaming video.

WHY?
Is this a Hardware or software problem?
How can this be fixed?

Everyone in this forum is awesome and thank you in advance!

concerto
November 11th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Also, I would like to know If their is particular brand or brands of computers that run Ubuntu or just Linux in general better than others.

I am in the market for a laptop soon and I want to make sure my new computer will not have any hardware related problems if their are any.

Thanks again.

shawnjones
November 11th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Your first question could be related to java or shockwave not being installed, or installed incorrectly. A quick search of the forums should turn up information on both. For your second question, you can look here: http://www.linux-laptop.net/

chrisod
November 11th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Flash for Linux is flaky, lots of people have problems with it on various sites, and I'm not aware of any one true solution. There are lots of factors involved and there are multiple threads in the forums here where it is discussed. For me, uninstalling Pulse Audio and going back to ALSA, plus the current release of Flash 10, seems to have my system fairly stable.