PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Help with SiS 6326 AGP video card

seanjuan
November 11th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Need to load a driver for my SiS 6326 AGP video card. How do I accomplish this in the gnome environment. I've tried using Synaptic with no success. My hardware drivers gui shows no devices being installed. I have also tried using a tool ( I can't remember the name)to change my monitor settings from plug and play to Viewsonic VP150 and graphics card to SiS6326 but when I do that my screen becomes distorted. Screen resolution is currently 640x480 and I need is to be at least 1024x768. Any help will be mucho appreciated

bodhi.zazen
November 11th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Wow, how did you come up with at title of "Ubuntu server" for this thread ?

I changed the title to be more descriptive of the problem and hopefully someone with knowledge of your videocard will see it.

overdrank
November 11th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Need to load a driver for my SiS 6326 AGP video card. How do I accomplish this in the gnome environment. I've tried using Synaptic with no success. My hardware drivers gui shows no devices being installed. I have also tried using a tool ( I can't remember the name)to change my monitor settings from plug and play to Viewsonic VP150 and graphics card to SiS6326 but when I do that my screen becomes distorted. Screen resolution is currently 640x480 and I need is to be at least 1024x768. Any help will be mucho appreciated

Hi and if you are using Hardy 8.04 was the tool
gksu displayconfig-gtk
If this fails you can try and boot into recovery mode and use the xfix option. Recovery mode is usually the second choice from the grub.