PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issue with open office and microsoft office

Majeh
November 9th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I was attempting to write a report and had to place some spread sheets in an open office word document, however, since my printer is down for the count right now, I need to print it on a computer that's running Vista. However the spread sheets ended up missing when I ported it over to Vista, is there any way I can make it more compatible with the computers at school, or will I just have to rewrite the report under Vista?

ercferret18
November 9th, 2008, 07:34 PM
you could try just saving the document and spreadsheet seperately, then combine them on the vista computer

MasterSander
November 9th, 2008, 07:35 PM
make sure to save your files as .doc files and not .odt because ms office will only open .doc (the bastards! :P)

Majeh
November 9th, 2008, 07:55 PM
you could try just saving the document and spreadsheet seperately, then combine them on the vista computer

Ah, that's true, I hadn't thought of that, thanks!

Kellemora
November 9th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Hi Majeh

Don't forget your FONTS also!!!!!

We use the SAME fonts in msWord as we do in OOoWriter, else that can mess up the formatting.

Something else to be aware of is that images ported from msWord to OOoWriter become OBJECT files. So it's best to just use image placeholders in your documents or convert them to PDF files so they retain everything right where you put it.

TTUL
Gary

kernelhaxor
November 9th, 2008, 09:59 PM
If you just need to print it from a computer running Vista, you can export to PDF on OpenOffice and then just print ti from Vista