PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] 8.10 updates not received

SteelCore
November 9th, 2008, 03:34 AM
I've installed 8.10 inside Win xp (using wubi). I've been using it for about 6 hours and up to this minute I haven't seen the update notification icon. In all my installations of previous versions the notification icon used to appear almost instantly once I connected to the Net.

keplerspeed
November 9th, 2008, 03:48 AM
You may need to change the settings for the update manager, in system>administration>software sources. open the updates tab, and ensure that the update manager is checking for updates, say, daily, and make sure the option the notify you of the updates is selected.

cheers

SteelCore
November 9th, 2008, 07:00 AM
It is actually checked to 'Daily'. Seems this automatic update should happen within the first 24 hours of the install and not right after it as I previously thought. Thank you.

Crafty Kisses
November 9th, 2008, 07:06 AM
You could always just manually go to the Update Manager, it's not really a big deal. Check if it's also on your startup list.

SteelCore
November 9th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I assume a startup list is the list of programs that Ubuntu executes at start up. How can I check it please?

niccholaspage
November 9th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Well when I downloaded one ISO, It installed Ibex with NO updates, Which surprised me..

stoogiebuncho
November 9th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I assume a startup list is the list of programs that Ubuntu executes at start up. How can I check it please?

System > Preferences > Sessions and go to the Startup Programs tab.