PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Tracker won't predictably index files.

Xavier Oddmon
November 9th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Hello all. I have did a format and install of Intrepid on my laptop. Ran into a few problems, but nothing that I couldn't figure out / find help with. There is, however one weird problem: Tracker will not index files in any logical pattern. I used tracker on hardy heron, and it worked fine. I have it set up to index /home/chris. Within my home folder, there are 16 folders. The tooltip that appears by tracker when it is done reads "Tracker:idle," but while it is indexing it says that it has indexed x/8 folders. (not x, but the actual number of folders). What's more is that when doing a search, it finds files in /home/chris/Documents/School/Foundations\ of\ Computer\ Science/Lab\ 6, but not in /home/chris/Documents/. The files that it will actually find will vary when I log out and back in, but it only ever indexes 8 folders.

Index speed is set at 5, Resource Usages is set to use additional memory. Fast index merges is off, max amount of text is 1024kb, max unique words are 10000. These are identical to how my settings were on hardy heron to the best of my memory. I don't know if it's relevant, but my filesystem is ext3. I will provide any other information that may be needed, but it would certainly be nice to be able to use tracker again.