irish66
November 9th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Hi. Installed xfe and and cbr pager. they are both marked in green
but i don't see them in "Applications"
Now Document viewer opens cbz files, but not cbr
i installed unrar, but no difference.
okay, i take that back
it does read some cbr files. but not them all
....oh yes it does.any cbr files it didn't recognise should have had the cbz extension, and any any unrecognised cbz files should have had the cbr extension.
Well that's where xfe would have come in handy, as I believe it has a multi rename tool.
M

oldos2er
November 9th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Start Xfe by typing "xfe" into a terminal. unrar is CLI; don't know about cbr.

keplerspeed
November 9th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Sometimes an application will not automatically set up an application launcher for you. In that case you can set up your own.

right click on the applications menu icon, and select edit menus. From there you can select what menu you want the application launcher in, select new item, and insert the details, such as the command to launch the application as you would in the terminal, and what icon you want.

cheers

irish66
November 9th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Thank you Ann, and Kerpspleed. Unfortunately it only displays Linux directories
As a matter of fact, i need to find out how to get any linux program to open a windows file.
M

SunnyRabbiera
November 9th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Thank you Ann, and Kerpspleed. Unfortunately it only displays Linux directories
As a matter of fact, i need to find out how to get any linux program to open a windows file.
M

well it depends on the format and the application you use.
Please keep in mind that not all applications you might find in the repositories have a GUI and always check for linux equivalents

irish66
November 9th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Apologies.My last post was incorrect.
What I realy want to do is get xfe to display
windows files and folders. But I guess it's not because it's in the linux folder. I suppose if i moved it to windows it would display the windows drives and folders.
Then again I'm not sure if it's what i want.
I'm a big fan of Total commander, and am looking for a windows equivalant of that.
Someone in another post was looking for the same thing. A responder mentioned a total commander like client for linux, but also said, you could get total commander to work through Wine.
But I also wanted to see if Wine would work with mde infohandler and Peerweb. But reading another post, someone mentioned that Wine isn't really for complex windows programs, which I imagine Peerweb and infohandler are.
As for total commander, it's been my favourite Windows file manager for yonks
Actually I use total commander ultra prima.
So I guess as soon as I get back on ubuntu again, I'll try the linux equivalant of Tc, that was mentioned, or maybe try installing wine again so i can run tc on ubuntu.
I also plan to have a look at that pacage manager to see what's lurking in there.
M

oldos2er
November 9th, 2008, 05:53 PM
"What I realy want to do is get xfe to display windows files and folders."

You'll need to mount any Windows partitions before you can view them.

irish66
November 9th, 2008, 07:48 PM
thanks. Ann. The windows partitions are mounted. But xfe only shows the linux directories. Anyway I'm not satisfied with XFe. I'm gonna look at pacage manager and see what's in there.