PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Couple 8.10 annoyances

JBrehm
November 8th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I just installed 8.10. BEAUTIFUL upgrade. So much better than hardy. I do have a couple odd window behaviors occurring though.

First, for the majority of non-maximized windows, when I open them, they open up in the upper left hand corner of the screen with a good 1/4 of the window not even in the screen. When I move it (ALT + mouse) everything's fine. It's not a huge deal, it's just REALLY annoying.

Second, for some reason, I can seem to change the size of any window, not firefox, IM windows, terminal, nothing.

I'm assuming that these issues are perhaps due to comfizfusion's window controls. I've tried playing with them though, and I can't figure it out.

Any ideas?

quirks
November 8th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Have you tried disabling the desktop effects completely? If it works then, we can be sure it is because of Compiz.

I am not suggesting to disable desktop effects permanently (I am a fan of them, too). But for troubleshooting, this is a reasonable first step. Tell me, if this fixes your problem (or if it doesn't).

Probably, the desktop effects settings were not converted properly during the upgrade.