PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Using gnormalize

frankleeee
November 5th, 2008, 08:41 AM
So I was able to down load the targz 0.63 and install it I think, but I have the extracted file on my desktop and am only able to open it within the file or in the terminal, Is this program supposed to end up in applications upon install or do I have to set up a launcher. I had some ape files that would not open in anything other then gnormalize, are there any other free programs out in the ether that will convert these files.

Edit: So I made a launcher in Sound & Video so that part is answered, it is installed I deleted the extracted file from the desktop and it is opening still. It is a little hard to figure out the program though, does anybody have any links to a good explanation of all its' uses.

logos34
November 5th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I had some ape files that would not open in anything other then gnormalize, are there any other free programs out in the ether that will convert these files.

To convert ape, use what most people use: Foobar2000 (on Wine).

You can also use K3b (need k3bmonkeyaudio-plugin, though).

audacious will play ape files

frankleeee
November 5th, 2008, 08:06 PM
To convert ape, use what most people use: Foobar2000 (on Wine).

You can also use K3b (need k3bmonkeyaudio-plugin, though).

audacious will play ape files

Thanks for the info, gnormalize will normalize ape into a playing on a regular player I was able to get it to work on one set but on my Intrepid set up I can't seem to get it to work on the laptop running Gutsy. It probably isn't the distribution that is the problem but my own lack of knowledge. Audacious works great by the way, I use Rhythm player for all my music playing so I am trying to normalize the ape to play there.

frankleeee
November 9th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I found sound converter is able to convert ape into mp3s, but the ape is a music file (Album) and it is not broken down into single song packets is there an easy way to do this.

logos34
November 9th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I found sound converter is able to convert ape into mp3s, but the ape is a music file (Album) and it is not broken down into single song packets is there an easy way to do this.

open the .cue sheet in foobar or k3b, or shntool (command-line, but doesn't convert tags)