PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How Do You Get Rhythmbox To Put Album Art in Your iPod

punong_bisyonaryo
November 4th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Hi all!

I have an iPod nano (3rd gen I think. The square one, the one before the current, latest nano) and I use Rhythmbox to transfer music onto it. Sometimes, not always, album art gets loaded onto my iPod for certain songs, automatically. Most of them do not. And I'd just like to know how to get album art for every song I put in my iPod.

I'm certain it has no connection with whether or not a song has proper ID3 tags, because when you rip a CD via Sound Juicer it automatically puts in the data. And Rhythmbox, as a player, is also able to get album art automatically.

Thanks in advance!

punong_bisyonaryo
November 4th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Ok, I think I've found a solution to my own problem! Not a very good one, but a solution nonetheless. Remember how when you play a song in Rhythmbox, it fetches album art from the net? It seems that the only album art that gets loaded is the current song playing or have played, even if all the songs are from the same album.

So, you either play a song, upload it to your iPod, or load the songs into your iPod and play all songs one by one. You don't have to play it through, just enough till the album art is downloaded of the net.

Now, can anyone suggest a better fix for this and where I can report this as a bug?

Thanks!