PDA

View Full Version : Project Entropia and Wine 0.92

Zeroedout
November 30th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Hi, with Wine 0.92 I managed to get Project Entropia to install and execute, where it downloads the patches and dat files, however, when the graphical interface comes up, I can't resolve the hostname so i cannot log in. Anyone had any success?

Snipersnest
November 30th, 2005, 10:37 PM
hm have you tried it with Cedega?? I may give it a try later...

Zeroedout
December 1st, 2005, 03:17 AM
hm have you tried it with Cedega?? I may give it a try later...

I belive I tried it a while back with cedega 5, however, i don't think it would even execute. Though I could be wrong.

Snipersnest
December 1st, 2005, 03:07 PM
lol "a while back" ...like under a month ago? 5.0 hasn't been out very long... I didn't have a chance to try it .. But I'll see when I get home from work

Zeroedout
December 2nd, 2005, 01:43 AM
lol "a while back" ...like under a month ago? 5.0 hasn't been out very long... I didn't have a chance to try it .. But I'll see when I get home from work

hahaha, my concept of time sucks, but I upgraded right away, so perhaps. Damn this bad memory

felaktig
May 1st, 2006, 10:17 PM
I can't get it to work with either Wine or Cedega, with Cedega it closes down faster then it starts, and with Wine I get an error at the login window saying "internal application error", the browser doesn't work and when I try to log in anyway it gives me the same error message.

vagrant
April 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
probably because your missing, directx or im am quite certain that this is the case. Im also an Entropia Universe fan and i would love for it to run under ubuntu im currently trying to get it to work with cedega but not much luck on my config i will try it on another system and see if starts. For some reason my entire cedega/point2play software hangs when i try to do stuff with it.

Trazan
June 6th, 2007, 03:27 PM
*bump*

Sockerdrickan
June 6th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Lol 1 year bump ftw :S WINE 0.9.2 :S

hikaricore
June 6th, 2007, 08:46 PM
lol, I really wish people would read my stickied post about digging up dead threads.

Trazan
July 1st, 2007, 10:10 PM
lol at me bumping old threads ;)

hunt.topher
July 19th, 2007, 02:26 AM
I can't get it to work with either Wine or Cedega, with Cedega it closes down faster then it starts, and with Wine I get an error at the login window saying "internal application error", the browser doesn't work and when I try to log in anyway it gives me the same error message.

Have any of you checked the Wine app DB recently? A Google search "Entropia Ubuntu" brought this result (http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3929&iTestingId=9178). According to the guy it's not perfect, but it certainly sounds like an improvement on not being able to open at all.

killjoyvx
December 26th, 2007, 02:38 AM
how did u instal Project Entropia again? imnew to this...

cogadh
December 26th, 2007, 02:41 AM
PE doesn't really work all that well in Wine. I wouldn't actually bother with it if I were you.

Deafboy
March 21st, 2009, 11:41 PM
People,
It is work for me on stable version of Wine. But I don't know why it is running, coz it is not posible for me to run it trough terminal, or launcher. I can run it only by double click on Entropia.exe in game directory. I have also d3d dll-s copyed in game directory. But i cant set up my character, because model of human crash after change its properties.

hikaricore
March 21st, 2009, 11:42 PM
Stop.... digging.... up.... old.... THREADS!