PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] iPod album art with Rhythmbox

sondosia
November 2nd, 2008, 08:51 PM
So, I'd been thinking of trying to use my iPod with Ubuntu instead of Windows, so I plugged it into Rhythmbox and transferred a few new songs. But then I saw that afterwards, all the cover art on the songs that had been transferred with iTunes on Windows was either missing or scrambled up and with the wrong songs. So I plugged the iPod back into my Windows system and synced it with iTunes, but the album art is still scrambled up. What should I do?

I'm really hoping I could fix this without tagging each individual song with EasyTag, which is what some people apparently do when they want their iPods to sync in Ubuntu and still have all their album covers, because I have hundreds of songs and that's a bit ridiculous...is there another way?

joeyyy
November 7th, 2008, 08:11 AM
im having the same problem :mad:

dunno why it does that, i was using songbird

must be linux in general

sucks :lolflag:

darthpenguin
April 16th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I'm having this problem with ipod 4th gen nano and Ubuntu 8.10. Rythymbox will not add album art to ipod. any ideas? would flashing the ipod with some kind of linux firmware work?

ubonetu
May 28th, 2009, 12:34 PM
EasyTag used to work fine but I've found, as DarthPenguin :-) That my 4th Gen. iPod does not allow it. I'm going to look into easytag and see if they have an update but I know apple completely revamped and encoded the firmware for g4 so there may be nothing we can do.