PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Network Madness

cj100570
November 2nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
I just upgraded from Hardy Heron to Intrepid Ibex and all is well with the exception of a nagging network issue. Immediately after the upgrade my network speed was abismally slow. Having had an issue with IPV6 in Hardy I immediately checked to see if Intrepid was using it and promptly disabled it. I rebooted and all was well for a while. I woke up this morning to find that my net access has once again slowed down. Anyone have any ideas what could be going on? I know it's an Ibex issue because I have a laptop with Hardy on it and it's working fine.

prematurebaby
November 2nd, 2008, 08:55 PM
Yea there have been Intrepid network problems only with wireless networking though. At least as far as I know. Pretty much everybody has problems with the network manager. We hope it will be fixed soon.

cj100570
November 2nd, 2008, 09:36 PM
Yea there have been Intrepid network problems only with wireless networking though. At least as far as I know. Pretty much everybody has problems with the network manager. We hope it will be fixed soon.

I hope so too because this is absolutely annoying. As it stands now I'm gonna have to do a clean reinstall of Hardy. :mad: