PDA

View Full Version : Crappy electronics that need to die because teens buy them and think they're cool.

jamieh
November 2nd, 2008, 06:47 AM
Maybe this is just because I'm a total geek, but when I'm at school and I see these 15 year old girls who spend $200 on these crappy devices that are complete gimmicks because they are PINK, it sickens me.

Electronic devices that NEED TO DIE:

1) Fuji FinePix Z20: It takes horrible pictures, it's slow, it sucks batteries, and it comes in PINK.
http://www.sabrinacreations.com/zencreations/images/dev/5/5/00295755/t_00295755.jpg

2) Motorola RAZR v3: Sure it's popular. Why? Because it's THIN. But does it do much else? NO. It's quite laggy, the camera sucks, and its OS is nothing more than a large Java applet.
http://xf9.xanga.com/ae787356d9750175123487/z25781040.jpg

3) Nintendo DS: Okay first off: The DS is NOT COOL. Mario Kart? SERIOUSLY?? The DS has NOT changed since the original Gamboy back in the 80s. Nintendo had it's time in the sun back then, but they really need to move up.
http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2006/10/3335-DSPink.jpg

4) DXG 305v: I can name at least 50 people in my school that have these. They think it is SO COOL. I can barely see what the thing has recorded, it's nothing more than grain and noise. I refuse to call this thing a camcorder.
http://www.savvychick.net/images/savvy/dxg-305vp-3mp-pink.jpg

5) LG Chocolate: I'll admit I have owned one. I had it for about 3 days before exchanging it for an HTC Apache, which has since been replaced with a Diamond. What I really hated about the chocolate is it felt really cheap, like it was going to fall apart in your hands.
Ever used one of those dummy-model cellphones while in the mall? Imagine the cheap-feeling of those on a real cellphone.
http://handcellphone.com/wp-content/themes/green-marinee/phonepic/LG-Chocolate-Phone-4.jpg

6) MySpace: Okay seriously. When I look at a MySpace profile, I do NOT want to see flashing lights and "Hot N Cold" blasting out my speakers slowing my computer down to a crawl whenever I view your profile.
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/myspace.png

Hmm this ended a bit more rant-ish then I had originally intened...

Care to add to the list?

MaxIBoy
November 2nd, 2008, 06:51 AM
PDAs. If you want something you can use to check your email, play games, and get work done, do yourself a favor and buy a real computer.

Mp3 players with video. Why should you pay more money so you can watch stuff on a smaller screen?

hellion0
November 2nd, 2008, 06:54 AM
Things coming in pink should not be a qualifier for this list.

ad_267
November 2nd, 2008, 06:56 AM
mp3 players with video. Why should you pay more money so you can
watch stuff on a smaller screen?

The annoying thing is you can hardly buy an mp3 player any more that has enough space for all your songs, but doesn't play video.

jamieh
November 2nd, 2008, 07:51 AM

I see your point, but most things that come in pink are complete crap.

Is it just my computer or is the forum completely messed up right now?

ad_267
November 2nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
Yeah the forum is munted. There's a thread about it somewhere.

3rdalbum
November 2nd, 2008, 08:03 AM
The forum is messed up.

I'll be controvercial and say "The Apple iPod". Highly overrated MP3 player. My mother has one, and I'm scared to change the songs on it in case it denies all knowledge of its loaded music again. I know several people who've had nothing but frustration with their iPods, including one man who bought one even though the company he works for makes MP3 players :-)

The other thing I'll add to the list is any mobile phone that claims to have a high megapixel camera. Teens buy these things thinking that they take the same quality photos as a dedicated digital camera. What surprises me is that these cameras have supposedly "5 megapixel" CCDs, yet the photos still come out as 320x240 - 0.77 megapixels!

The DS is fine as a portable games system. If you think Mario Kart is ********, why don't you play it on the Wii. It's still one of the most fun games out there today, people.

I also don't mind video playback on a small MP3 player screen.

Another thing, it's not a gadget, that gets on my goat is MSN animations. You talk to someone online and your upload in the background times out because the person you're talking to has put a freaking 10 megabyte animation into their sentence. Yes, I like seeing the Enterprise computer on Star Trek get a BSOD as much as the next person, but not if it interrupts my piracy activities!

jamieh
November 2nd, 2008, 08:13 AM
Another thing, it's not a gadget, that gets on my goat is MSN animations. You talk to someone online and your upload in the background times out because the person you're talking to has put a freaking 10 megabyte animation into their sentence. Yes, I like seeing the Enterprise computer on Star Trek get a BSOD as much as the next person, but not if it interrupts my piracy activities!

Oooh I've got an entire thread on this ;) http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=928413

3rdalbum
November 2nd, 2008, 08:21 AM
lol I thought the first reply would be "Can you send me the animation of the Star Trek computer getting a BSoD?" but I guess everyone's already downloaded copies from their MSN buddies :-D

Ub1476
November 2nd, 2008, 09:05 AM
Ipod Touch, Macbook Air and "gaming" laptops.

Phreaker
November 2nd, 2008, 09:32 AM
Apple products.

Highly overrated and overpriced

Paqman
November 2nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
"The Apple iPod". Highly overrated MP3 player.

+1

Especially the awful, awful Shuffles.

Vince4Amy
November 2nd, 2008, 10:55 AM
I wouldn't say somethings bad because it's pink, after all there are things like pink EeePCs. However the Ipod is something which does annoy me, everyone in my school seems to overrate them and a lot of people have iTunes and then ask me why their computers are so slow. (iTunes helper and stuff any clue).

smoker
November 2nd, 2008, 11:56 AM
i suppose it is up to teenagers what they buy with their money. :-)

SunnyRabbiera
November 2nd, 2008, 11:59 AM
Hey i rather like my DS, though its a silver one as I HATE PINK

treesurf
November 2nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
My ipod mini has been excellent since I put Rockbox on it. But I suppose that doesn't really count...

Eisenwinter
November 2nd, 2008, 12:19 PM
6) MySpace: Okay seriously. When I look at a MySpace profile, I do NOT want to see flashing lights and "Hot N Cold" blasting out my speakers slowing my computer down to a crawl whenever I view your profile.
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/myspace.png
I totally agree, I absolutely loath MySpace, and websites like Facebook, they need to die.

gn2
November 2nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
The X-Box 360......

No wait a minute, those things die on their own anyway....

bobbocanfly
November 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
+1 [for the apple ipod]

IMO, the first generation shuffles are the only ones that arent so thin, they dont feel like they are about to fall apart in your hands. I absolutely despise iPods (and the almost monopoly they have on the Digital Audio Player market). The are overpriced, play very few formats, tie in far too closely with iTunes (which is also not too awesome) and they focus far too much on the look of the thing, instead of the technology.

More things that need to die:

Phones that do anything other than texting and making phonecalls: No i do not want to watch a 2 hour movie on that 2 inch screen or take "5 megapixel" photos that eventually turn out at 320X480 or whatever, so stop charging me extra for it! It is almost impossible to get a phone that doesnt include all this extra rubbish.

Anything with a touchscreen: "Oooh look you can touch it and it does stuff", "oooh look, you just wasted £300 on a badly built phone that is going to fall apart soon". Especially cant stand these on mp3 players (what is the need? It offers almost the exact same functionality, just at a stupidly inflated price. I'd much rather buy 2 Asus Eee's instead of a £300 touch screen mp3 player).

teaker1s
November 2nd, 2008, 12:41 PM
Ds I think is okay, now maybe not in pink.White-good
razer-pile of junk in any colour.
those cheap mp3 players that corrupt without any reason.
My-Space -mindless games on networking site, reason I don't do it or IM is most people I've met are very unimaginative.

TheSlipstream
November 2nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
The X-Box 360......

Harsh...Xbox 360 is a very nice machine, with the best games available for consoles today.

gn2
November 2nd, 2008, 01:09 PM
Harsh...Xbox 360 is a very nice machine, with the best games available for consoles today.

Yep, that's what it's fans say, however the ones fitted in the device can't evacuate enough heat to stop them breaking, despite sounding like a hovercraft.
Is the X-Box 360 the most ureliable piece of consumer electronics ever sold? Probably.

xpod
November 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
The X-Box 360......

Ah,but how many gadgets can you fix(albeit temporarily) with just a towel:wink:

As far as the OP is concerned though our house is full of pink electronics,from the girls DS`s to the their TV`s & DVD players through to their phones & MP3 players,including an Ipod or two.

And thats just the electronics.
It`s all good though.

markp1989
November 2nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
+1

I used to have one of the first gen shuffles, and i think the were grate just my opinion ,

Back to the topic at hand , my sister is going through that thing where everything she gets is pink, and its horid, shes got a motorolla Krzr, which has already had to be sent in to get the screen replaced.

xpod
November 2nd, 2008, 01:32 PM
Back to the topic at hand , my sister is going through that thing where everything she gets is pink, and its horid, shes got a motorolla Krzr, which has already had to be sent in to get the screen replaced.

So you know how our son feels about his 4 sisters and their pink stuff.

markp1989
November 2nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
So you know how our son feels about his 4 sisters and their pink stuff.

the main problem is my sister is 13 years older then me! so she is old enough to know better

ryry46d9
November 2nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
Phones that do anything other than texting and making phonecalls: No i do not want to watch a 2 hour movie on that 2 inch screen or take "5 megapixel" photos that eventually turn out at 320X480 or whatever, so stop charging me extra for it! It is almost impossible to get a phone that doesnt include all this extra rubbish.

Anything with a touchscreen: "Oooh look you can touch it and it does stuff", "oooh look, you just wasted £300 on a badly built phone that is going to fall apart soon". Especially cant stand these on mp3 players (what is the need? It offers almost the exact same functionality, just at a stupidly inflated price. I'd much rather buy 2 Asus Eee's instead of a £300 touch screen mp3 player).[/QUOTE]

"I" have a nextel I880 that is only 2MP but the pics are 1600X1200 not 320X480 (some one needs to RTFM) now the screen is too small I agree their but I upload to my computer so who cares, as for the touch screen complaint my buddy has a asus eee with a touchscreen mod :lolflag:
see link (http://www.google.com/products?q=eee+touch+screen&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title)

init1
November 2nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
PDAs. If you want something you can use to check your email, play games, and get work done, do yourself a favor and buy a real computer.

You can't fit a real computer in your pocket though, can you ;)

I would like you to show me a single device that does everything the iPod Touch does for the same price range. The only thing that comes close is the n800, but it's much larger.

Paqman
November 2nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
I used to have one of the first gen shuffles, and i think the were grate just my opinion

My missus had one too. Compared to my Zen Nano:

No screen.
No radio.
Couldn't be used as a mass storage device (unless hacked).
Needed the whole ridiculous circus of iTunes just to transfer music onto it (unless hacked).
More expensive, despite all this.

The only thing the Shuffle had going for it was that it didn't need a cable/dock to connect, as it had it's own USB connector. Which they then deleted from the 2nd Gen. Go figure.

insane_alien
November 2nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
PDA's are useful, i have one. i use it for making quick calculations especially when i'm in places where a laptop/dektop would never fit(like underneath a 40 tonne bioreactor with barely enough crawl space for myself and the parts i needed to replace.)

PDA's have their place, just like desktops and laptops and so on. just because you never encounter a situation where they are ideal doesn't mean nobody else does.

teaker1s
November 2nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
creative juke box does it for me-as a household storage medium (10gb) great as for battery life 54321 flat

fluteflute
November 2nd, 2008, 02:52 PM
The Nintendo DS is actually quite good (IMO) simply because of the wireless multiplayer gameplay. It can very useful at times.

hessiess
November 2nd, 2008, 02:56 PM
Any ``MP3'' player with fixed, none upgradable storage.

urukrama
November 2nd, 2008, 03:04 PM
I totally agree, I absolutely loath MySpace, and websites like Facebook, they need to die.

You don't have to go to them if you don't like them.

treesurf
November 2nd, 2008, 03:12 PM

I would like you to show me a single device that does everything the iPod Touch does for the same price range. The only thing that comes close is the n800, but it's much larger.

No joke, if the iPod Touch could be synced with Ubuntu I'd be all over it.

Peronix
November 2nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
I've got an addition to social networking websites and that's Habbo Hotel. OK, I will admit I did use it in the past, but now in future I think of it as an addictive drug, fed to teenagers to take there money for pixels.

chucky chuckaluck
November 2nd, 2008, 03:36 PM
all phones. if you really have to tell someone something, open up the window and yell, or just send them an email.

lykwydchykyn
November 2nd, 2008, 03:44 PM
I don't have a problem with most social networking sites; Facebook can be fairly useful if you want to keep up with friends from long ago and far away, you just have to ignore the stupid apps and causes people keep trying to get you to join.

Myspace, OTOH, is the epitomy of juvenile, silly nonsense. Pick any random myspace page and you typically have a textbook example of every way web development has gone wrong over the last 15 years. Embedded audio, animated GIFs, jarring colors, scrolling text, browser-specific tags, etc.etc. And something about myspace turns otherwise mature adults into middle schoolers.

steveneddy
November 2nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
15 year old girls are as shallow as a drop of water and only look at what something looks like rather than the actual performance.

Unfortunately, this is the way most people are anyway. As long as it is shiny and pretty, they feel that this is the only requirement for quality and they will buy millions.

The only way to honestly combat this issue is to design a cute, pink electronics device for the 15 year old girls market and get rich off of these shallow creatures.

bigbrovar
November 2nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
I think we should not be so quick to miss judge peoples choices. God knows i hate anything apple, but some people do and for a reason i may feel its over priced and hyped and restricts its user. but that is the way i see it other people see that fact that it suit their needs. they dont see things the way i do and honestly there dont have to because my views are not a set standard way of thinking no matter how logical i may think there are. people buy what add value to their lives. u may hate a motorola v3 god knows i do. but others like it maybe because it is slim and has style what wrong with that. some people dont give a hoot about a smart phone that make pancakes for you every morning. i mean why should i get my GF a an android phone when all she ever use it for is calls. and what is wrong with colour pink sure i hate it but some other people love it .. so who are we to condemn them its their choice. i dont facebook, u wont find me on myspace, i cant use a phone without an OS, i use only free software, i run linux on all notebook and my handheld, i prefer listening to radio compare to watching TV, i hate American Football, i love sweat shirts. that is me. i respect the fact that other people love different things and i respect them for that .. its what makes the world colorful. this is just my 2 cent

Xzallion
November 2nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Yep, that's what it's fans say, however the ones fitted in the device can't evacuate enough heat to stop them breaking, despite sounding like a hovercraft.
Is the X-Box 360 the most unreliable piece of consumer electronics ever sold? Probably.

I think someone is trolling here. :roll:

My friends own Xbox 360's, and out of the ten units only one of them has died, and that specific system was abused rather heavily, as in kicked and dropped. They are good systems, that have the best console online multiplayer there is.

Nintendo DS - If you don't recognize the advancements that the Nintendo Gameboy line has made, you most likely don't like the type of games it is built for. The DS is both casual and hardcore. Casual gamers pick up shorter games, and ones focused more on fun gimmicks like brain age. Meanwhile there are tons of rpg's, platformers, and remakes of arcade classics for this handheld. Until recently there wasn't an equal in the handheld market, and the PSP is just starting to become a viable system.

Back to the topic at hand, there will always be crappy electronics, and most of them aren't pink. Just because specs are important to you, doesn't mean thats the most important factor to that person. Some people would rather have an aesthetically pleasing device than a more functional one.

Dharmachakra
November 2nd, 2008, 05:07 PM
I think we should not be so quick to miss judge peoples choices. God knows i hate anything apple, but some people do and for a reason i may feel its over priced and hyped and restricts its user. but that is the way i see it other people see that fact that it suit their needs. they dont see things the way i do and honestly there dont have to because my views are not a set standard way of thinking no matter how logical i may think there are. people buy what add value to their lives. u may hate a motorola v3 god knows i do. but others like it maybe because it is slim and has style what wrong with that. some people dont give a hoot about a smart phone that make pancakes for you every morning. i mean why should i get my GF a an android phone when all she ever use it for is calls. and what is wrong with colour pink sure i hate it but some other people love it .. so who are we to condemn them its their choice. i dont facebook, u wont find me on myspace, i cant use a phone without an OS, i use only free software, i run linux on all notebook and my handheld, i prefer listening to radio compare to watching TV, i hate American Football, i love sweat shirts. that is me. i respect the fact that other people love different things and i respect them for that .. its what makes the world colorful. this is just my 2 cent

Thank you for the first respectable post in this thread. Completely agree.

MaxIBoy
November 2nd, 2008, 06:41 PM
You can't loose a real computer between the couch cushions or under the seat of someone else's car, or accidentally run it through the laundry, though, can you. ;)

oldsoundguy
November 2nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
beg to differ on the PDA's .. they ARE a handy tool. Both of mine are bluetooth GPS units and they get their workout that way. But I have Opera installed on them and I can and do use them to check my mail and such. Also a great unit for taking quick notes (sort of like an electronic post-it unit) .. NO, cruddy for actual computing on any real basis. You need that, get a real laptop!

I carry three things along when out for a while, my cheap cell, my PDA and a REAL pocket camera (can you say NIKON?)(the big camera only comes out if I have gone out to SHOOT some pictures).
Fashion is for kids with too much money to burn and parents that will buy them anything just to shut them up!

Frak
November 2nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
I have an iPod classic
I have a Macbook
I have a Mac Pro
I have a Power Mac
I have a Macbook Air
I have an iPhone
I have an AirPort Extreme + Time Capsule

The iPod keeps me entertained when I'm on the go, the iPhone keeps me up-to-date, the Macbook helps me get large amounts of work done when I'm away from home, the air is great when I'm short on space and need something light, like on a plane, my Mac Pro helps me get work done at home (and game a lot), and my Power Mac is great for casual computing in my den and doing distributed computing.

It's functional. Not to mention I can't seem to (without the ability to fix) break any of my Apple products. I can't screw up the bootloader on my macs (hold option on startup, fixed) nor can I screw up the programming on my iPod/iPhone (any other OS's are installed on the HD, while the iPod OS lies on it's own ROM and CMOS for small preference changes, and my iPhone can be fixed with a simple firmware reset, then all my pref. on my mac are just transfered back over.)

garwaymatt
November 2nd, 2008, 07:34 PM
[rant]
Touchscreen phones/mp3 players. A touchscreen is just about the worst medium for interacting with a device. Especially a portable one. It entirely removed the concept of tactile feedback and being able to use a device when you can't see it. It is something that is really important in how we use devices, but unfortunately people seem to be seduced by the Bling factor.

*Explodes*

rzrgenesys187
November 2nd, 2008, 07:36 PM
apple products.

Highly overrated and overpriced

+1

zmjjmz
November 2nd, 2008, 07:58 PM
While I žink žat a lot of žese devices (in že OP at least) are kind of crappy (except že DS), žou hast to understand žat žey'll be dying anyways, what wiž že credit crunch and all.

In defense of iPods: My iPod Video pwns most of že media players out žere because of Rockbox, and my jailbroken iPod Touch makes for a great MID.

pp.
November 2nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
žou have to understand

Shouldn't you have written "žou hast to understand" or some such, "žou" being 2nd person singular?

zmjjmz
November 2nd, 2008, 08:12 PM
Shouldn't you have written "žou hast to understand" or some such, "žou" being 2nd person singular?

Good point, I'll fix žat.

Calmatory
November 2nd, 2008, 08:16 PM
OP surely has alot of money since he does not have to buy all this crappy electronics...

If they are cheap, people will buy them. If they are pink, people will buy them. So what? Honestly, I see no problem here.

jamieh
November 2nd, 2008, 09:29 PM
OP surely has alot of money since he does not have to buy all this crappy electronics...

If they are cheap, people will buy them. If they are pink, people will buy them. So what? Honestly, I see no problem here.

No, pink crap aimed at teens is just too expensive for what it's worth.

Fuji Z20 - $199
Canon PowerShot SD750 - $199

Guess which one I bought?

I just think that stupid teen girls need to learn how to spend money.

zmjjmz
November 2nd, 2008, 09:31 PM
No, pink crap aimed at teens is just too expensive for what it's worth.

Fuji Z20 - $199
Canon PowerShot SD750 - $199

Guess which one I bought?

Oh, and I don't žink žou can put CHDK on a Fuji Z20.
So žou get even more value.

Polygon
November 2nd, 2008, 09:45 PM
you provide little evidence for any of your claims, and i highly disagree with you about the DS. First off, it comes in other colors besides pink. And mario kart is a fun game, along with metroid, pokemon (yes, pokemon IS a fun game, admit it!) and all the other huge collection of nintendo DS games. Also, the nintendo ds is outselling the psp by a pretty good margin (http://www.joystiq.com/2005/10/16/nintendo-ds-trouncing-psp-sales-in-japan/). the DS is also better designed cause you can (gasp!) close the lid so you don't damage the screen when your not playing that! i have a psp and have to deal with a stupid screen protector with air bubbles so i dont scratch my screen when i'm not playing it.

my friend also had the first generation chocolate and now has the 3rd generation chocolate. They were WHITE and BLACK respectively (i dunno where you are getting that the only colors these come in are pink). and he says that the first generation chocoloate was all right and the third generation is pretty nice.

And at myspace, yes its annoying but there is a setting to set the music player to not play by default.

Ub1476
November 2nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
I have an iPod classic
I have a Macbook
I have a Mac Pro
I have a Power Mac
I have a Macbook Air
I have an iPhone
I have an AirPort Extreme + Time Capsule

The iPod keeps me entertained when I'm on the go, the iPhone keeps me up-to-date, the Macbook helps me get large amounts of work done when I'm away from home, the air is great when I'm short on space and need something light, like on a plane, my Mac Pro helps me get work done at home (and game a lot), and my Power Mac is great for casual computing in my den and doing distributed computing.

It's functional. Not to mention I can't seem to (without the ability to fix) break any of my Apple products. I can't screw up the bootloader on my macs (hold option on startup, fixed) nor can I screw up the programming on my iPod/iPhone (any other OS's are installed on the HD, while the iPod OS lies on it's own ROM and CMOS for small preference changes, and my iPhone can be fixed with a simple firmware reset, then all my pref. on my mac are just transfered back over.)

Right, you need 4 computers to be functional? Woha.

slinkey1981
November 2nd, 2008, 09:55 PM
The X-Box 360......

I've had one since launch, still works fine. People are stupid and shove them into unventilated places in an entertainment center, play them for 13 hours straight, and then don't understand how it's broken.

I don't care for the PS3, I hate the way that when I touch it's shiny plastic mirror finish, it looks like I have been eating a tub of lard and didn't wipe my hands.

I seriously find game consoles to be one of the dumbest things that people argue about. I don't like the Wii, I don't like the PS3.....

Does it really matter at all?

Sorivenul
November 2nd, 2008, 09:58 PM
I disagree.
My wife and I both own very fine pink colored products, and nothing is wrong with any of them.

cardinals_fan
November 2nd, 2008, 10:00 PM
What they buy is up to them. My iPod is a a pathetic piece of junky low-quality workmanship, in my experiences with it. However, you don't see me with a "Boycott iPods!" sign, do you?

Frak
November 2nd, 2008, 10:13 PM
Right, you need 4 computers to be functional? Woha.
I actually have a job, so yes. For what I'm paid, it's very nice.

I give a lot of honor to Apple, because, even though their hardware is expensive, it is reliable.

zmjjmz
November 2nd, 2008, 10:22 PM
I actually have a job, so yes. For what I'm paid, it's very nice.

I give a lot of honor to Apple, because, even though their hardware is expensive, it is reliable.

My MacBook isn't reliable. My brožer's MacBook's HDD died wiž only half a year of use (not abuse), and my fan is currently kapoopling.

NintendoTogepi
November 2nd, 2008, 10:26 PM
3) Nintendo DS: Okay first off: The DS is NOT COOL. Mario Kart? SERIOUSLY?? The DS has NOT changed since the original Gamboy back in the 80s. Nintendo had it's time in the sun back then, but they really need to move up.
http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2006/10/3335-DSPink.jpg

Fail.

The DS is awesome. It's nothing like the original Game Boy. In terms of games, probably the best of any of the current game systems.

And pink is only one of many colors.

I, like most, got mine in sleek white:

http://www.scubb.com/images/products/ds%20Nintendo%20DS%20Lite%20White_box.jpg

Also this thread is really irritating. According to the people here, every single electronic is crappy and needs to die. :mad:

Frak
November 2nd, 2008, 10:39 PM
My MacBook isn't reliable. My brožer's MacBook's HDD died wiž only half a year of use (not abuse), and my fan is currently kapoopling.
Send it to Apple or an Apple store. That is covered under your warranty. I've yet to come across any hardware failure or malfunction.

gn2
November 3rd, 2008, 01:02 AM
I think someone is trolling here. :roll:

My friends own Xbox 360's, and out of the ten units only one of them has died, and that specific system was abused rather heavily, as in kicked and dropped. They are good systems, that have the best console online multiplayer there is.

I've had one since launch, still works fine.

Not trolling at all.

Everyone I know who uses an X-Box 360 regularly has had at least one failure. One guy has had five replacements. They still think that X-Box 360's are great though.
Perhaps the quality control on the ones sold in the UK is not so good.

The hot rumour out there in interwebland is that the X-Box 360 has cost Microsoft upwards of 1 billion dollars.

Frak
November 3rd, 2008, 01:16 AM
On the 360 topic:

I've had a zune, since launch like others, and I've had to replace it 4 times and buy an extended warranty, then replace it 2 more times.

Here are the issues:
Sticky back
Sticky down
No recognition of pressure
No recognition of touch
Zune randomly turns off
Zune won't play music. Ironic for an MP3 player

Glad I have an iPod and a Zen now. I use my Zune for MTP testing now.

chickengirl
November 3rd, 2008, 02:57 AM
O HAI I have a touch-screen MP3/OGG player that also does video. It's the bees' knees. :D

I used to be anti-camera phone, but I just got a new phone with a 2.0MP camera and it is pretty nice, as long as you don't expect the pictures to be superb.

Now, internet on phones. That is the goddamned wave of the future. I tried it out and had to get an unlimited internet plan on my phone. It's like crack.

Changturkey
November 3rd, 2008, 03:38 AM
What is a good cheap camera then?

hcaleman
November 3rd, 2008, 04:38 AM

As opposed to brilliant teenage boys?

Ugh, 360 failures. Mine finally died on me the other week (an original release 2005 build). Called microsoft up and they're sending me the box for the free repair. Sucks that it is down, but its good that at least the repair process is (relatively) straightforward.

blithen
November 3rd, 2008, 06:32 AM
Oh god Žank you for taking Že words right out of my mouŽ.

Polygon
November 3rd, 2008, 07:36 AM
the ipod touch is pretty cool. if only it was more open and played more formats...and had an sd slot.

macogw
November 3rd, 2008, 07:56 AM
Er, why is being pink a bad thing? I like pink. It's my favorite color.

And um...people still use MySpace? Didn't that die like 2 years ago?

macogw
November 3rd, 2008, 08:25 AM
15 year old girls are as shallow as a drop of water
Gee, thanks.

and only look at what something looks like rather than the actual performance.
Really? I don't recall going through that stage. Let's see, when I was a 15 year old girl, I would've been freaking teachers out by refusing to use Dreamweaver when all that's really needed is a text editor. Which one has better performance and a no-nonsense interface, and which one has a needlessly large "eye-pleasing" GUI?

You're walking a very, very thin line with the stereotyping in this post.

grotto
November 3rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
Teens are highly over rated, we should stop producing them.

Skatertjah
November 3rd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Yes, most DS games suck big time, but I do think it has changed since gameboy:P I think the dual screen and touch screen are quite innovative, I enjoy playing Metroid Prime Hunters with the touchscreen because it gives more interactivity with the game.

My only problem with the DS is that it lacks an amazing amount of performance; Graphics are crap, It's slow and the game developers seem too lazy to make good games. Although the Japanese games look heaps more fun to play, I don't know any Japanese though...

I have a mod chip for it so I have access to hundreds of games. Also I heard there's a new DS coming out so maybe that will cancel out the performance problem. It looks pretty gay though. All well, I'll either have to learn Japanese or buy another handheld:P

avahi
April 17th, 2009, 02:47 AM
3rd gen iPod Shuffle. NOW.

swoll1980
April 17th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Gee, thanks.

Really? I don't recall going through that stage. Let's see, when I was a 15 year old girl, I would've been freaking teachers out by refusing to use Dreamweaver when all that's really needed is a text editor. Which one has better performance and a no-nonsense interface, and which one has a needlessly large "eye-pleasing" GUI?

You're walking a very, very thin line with the stereotyping in this post.

Would you deny that your in the minority? My 15 year old step daughter, and her friends are mindless zombies, that don't care about anything, but what they look like, and who they know.