PDA

View Full Version : What type of USB port does Sansa Clip (mp3 player) have? (See attached pic)

hanzj
November 2nd, 2008, 02:17 AM
Hello,
Could someone tell me what sort exactly is the USB port on the Sansa Clip?
I've taken a look at the Sansa Clip manual (http://www.sandisk.com/assets/File/Downloads/user-guides/clip-usermanual.pdf ). Page 4 has a photograph of the Sansa Clip. Look at "Part 14" on Page 4. All the manual says is USB port.
All the manual says is USB 2.0 port is needed on the computer and that the cable that comes with the Clip is "USB 2.0. But is it Mini-USB? OR Micro USB? Or something else?
What type exactly is it? Coz I'm going to by a car charger and I want to make sure that the cable is the right one. Thanks.

elmer_42
November 2nd, 2008, 02:19 AM
That would be a 5 pin USB slot, also sometimes called a "mini USB" slot.

roachk71
November 2nd, 2008, 03:22 AM
I own one of the players in question (the 2GB black model.)

RadioShack carries the iGo charger, which automatically identifies which pins are used for many different types of A/V products. Just show your player to the salesperson, and they'll be happy to bring you the correct tip (and the first tip, I believe, is free...Mine was.) This was a real godsend on the trip here from Alaska. :guitar:

As for the USB port issue, what the manual doesn't tell you does matter: most older USB controllers don't provide enough power to the ports to charge the Clip's lithium-ion battery, so make sure your computer has a high-power root hub.