PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Inrepid Ibex ....Panel background image

luckydeveloper
November 1st, 2008, 12:53 PM
hi,
when i installed Intreid ibex, the top panel had a nice grey background image.. but some time after that. i chose 'solid style' as its background property ... no i dont want this setting. i want that background image back into the top panel in my desktop.

but i couldn't find that image in my system. could you please help me find tat image in my file system..... i mean.. where can i find that image in my system :)

meindian523
November 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM
You probably want None(Use System Theme)
and if not,check the image on the bottom panel.That's what you want.

luckydeveloper
November 1st, 2008, 12:57 PM
no .. i dont want the sytem theme.. thats what i have now..

by default, some gray kind of image was set in the panel properties. i remember seeing it...

i want that image.. where can i find it... please help

luckydeveloper
November 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM
no .. i dont want the sytem theme.. thats what i have now..

by default, some gray kind of image was set in the panel properties. i remember seeing it...

i want that image.. where can i find it... please help

reg4c
November 1st, 2008, 02:59 PM
Try going to /home/USER/.themes and selecting your current theme.
Then, there have a look around and see whether there is something related to the panel such as panel.png or something like that.

Cheers

OrangeCrate
November 1st, 2008, 03:13 PM
I know which one you're talking about. That panel image was withdrawn from the final. I can't seem to find the post and thread where a developer (wgrant, I think) made that comment, but it's gone for now. Don't know if it'll come back. There were some fit and finish issues with it anyway. Particularly, with how the "Workplace Switcher" sat on the panel.

Edit:

I just checked (usr/share/themes/human/, looking for the .png image, and it is in fact gone.

reg4c
November 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM
Is it gray or black? If you want I'l upload a few of the panel backgrounds that I have.
Actually, I think its only two :D

Cheers