PDA

View Full Version : Drop and run advertising, well sort of.

ratmandall
October 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM
So today I was walking home and walked past a cd laying on the grass.... now the curious human I am I decided to take it home.

So I get home I put the cd in my old computer, While ubuntu is loading im thinking hey this is a great way to get people interested/use what they find... just burn your favourite distro or if your in a band just burn your bands music etc... then walk along a pathway and put it down and leave, someone most likely will get curious and take it home and investigate the information on the disc.

Now im not saying do this because we won't Linux to rule the world and everyone should be forced to use it.

And btw there was only music by scribe a NewZealand rapper on the disc, which im listening to right now.http://www.scribescribe.com/

kernelhaxor
October 30th, 2008, 11:04 AM
hmmm ...
May be you did pick it up but I would never bring a CD home and put it in my computer .. mainly because usually the CD on the road wud hav too many scratches and it would just damage my CD drive ..
Even otherwise, I don't wanna go litter the roads..

I'd rather jus distribute the CDs in some other fashion

hellion0
October 30th, 2008, 11:07 AM
If they're damaged, you can still use them for other stuff if you're creative enough. Use it for a coaster. If I found enough, I'd string them together and make a curtain or something.

ratmandall
October 30th, 2008, 11:08 AM
hmmm ...
May be you did pick it up but I would never bring a CD home and put it in my computer .. mainly because usually the CD on the road wud hav too many scratches and it would just damage my CD drive ..
Even otherwise, I don't wanna go litter the roads..

I'd rather jus distribute the CDs in some other fashion

Yea it did have a few scratches played fine tho, but it's an old computer I got for free so I don't care if it breaks, and if it breaks I will most likely gain knowledge from trying to fix it.

fatality_uk
October 30th, 2008, 01:19 PM
There's not a CHANCE I would ever place a CD into a PC I own without knowing whats on it & where it came from.

Trail
October 30th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I would. At worst, it has a windows virus. Like I care.