PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] font when browsing

lbrian5
October 30th, 2008, 02:45 AM
new to ubuntu, i'm using 8.0.4....when browsing internet i noticed that the window and fonts are too small, is there anyway i can change it to something bigger. i already change fonts on desktop to 14, my monitor is 20"....any help would be appreciated.

icodeme
October 30th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Try this

System - Preferences - Appearance - Fonts

Modify some in there and let us see if that will help.. hopefully:confused:

hictio
October 30th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Actually, if this is just for the fonts you see on Firefox, open it, and goto:
Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> on the line of Fonts & Colors -> Advanced

And set a "Minimum font size"

Another option that I use a lot is unticking the option "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above"; this after setting the fonts I like.

This might not be convenient to you if you are a web designer or something like that, but I like it, and don't bother with my job.

lbrian5
October 30th, 2008, 02:50 PM
i've done what you guys suggested, thanks... yes it can increased the font size but the appearance of window is compressed... i can maximize the window but the contents are just in the middle with about 3 to 4 inches blank space on both sides, thanks for any input.

hictio
October 30th, 2008, 04:12 PM
What do you mean? Can you post a screenshot, of say, this thread, on a maximized Firefox window?
At what resolution are you running?

DeadSuperHero
October 30th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Try right clicking on the desktop, "Change Desktop Background", and go to the fonts tab. You might be able to resize them easily that way.

lbrian5
November 1st, 2008, 05:05 AM
What do you mean? Can you post a screenshot, of say, this thread, on a maximized Firefox window?
At what resolution are you running?

file:///home/luis/Desktop/Screenshot-Ubuntu%20Home%20Page%20%7C%20Ubuntu%20-%20Mozilla%20Firefox.png

As you can see the space on the sides are big. not sure how to check resolution I'm running

Immolatus
November 1st, 2008, 05:17 AM
One real quick fix for this on any machine if you are using firefox and maybe IE as well but just hold Ctrl and tap the + key to make text larger and - to make it smaller. works for me my eye sight is real bad.:lolflag:

lbrian5
November 1st, 2008, 05:24 AM
Try right clicking on the desktop, "Change Desktop Background", and go to the fonts tab. You might be able to resize them easily that way.

I tried that one it doesn't work. thanks for your time guys.

lbrian5
November 1st, 2008, 07:42 PM
One real quick fix for this on any machine if you are using firefox and maybe IE as well but just hold Ctrl and tap the + key to make text larger and - to make it smaller. works for me my eye sight is real bad.:lolflag:

This one works, the bad thing is every time I browse different web sites I have to hold Ctrl and tap + key.