PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Please help me get my wireless working

Jameshardy88
October 29th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Hi, im new to Ubuntu and have been trying to get my wireless internet up and working since i finished installing it yesterday i am now completely stuck and would really appreciate someone to explain to me how to get my internet working.

I have installed ubuntu using Wubi, i am using a HP pavillion dv6000 and have a broadcom BCM4312 802.11a/b/g i do not have access to the internet at all on ubuntu and can only use it via a wireless connection when i revert back to using windows (which requires a restart, so im sure you can appreciate my need to get this sorted).

When scanning the system for hardware it finds and identifies the driver however when i go to hardware drivers it only displays "nvidia_new" which i believe to be my graphics card.

I have been led to believe that i need to install driver software (though this may be incorrect, i have no clue) however as i have no wired connection to the internet i cannot simply download it. i have tried downloading the installer on windows storing it on a USB stick and then opening it in ubuntu but it will not read the file.

Please, please, please help me i am completely lost, if you need anymore information feel free to ask and i will try to answer

Jameshardy88
October 29th, 2008, 04:00 PM
still need help please

Jameshardy88
October 30th, 2008, 12:04 AM
-