PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Customizing panels

rm06
October 29th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I am a rehabilitated former Windows junkie and complete new guy at this whole Linux environment and I simply don't speak the same language, so please excuse me when I use Microsoft terms to try and get my point across. In an effort to customize my desktop, I deleted the top panel (taskbar) on which I would receive update alerts and when I minimized Amarok it would pin it there. Now when I minimize Amarok it simply disappears until I start it up again and does not minimize as a "toolbar" any longer. I'm also concerned about any alerts which I no longer receive.

Thanks!

rm06
October 29th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Nevermind, I fixed it.

RTFM

twoflatfish
October 30th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Thanks, but on a forum it would be nice to record how you did it so that the next noob who might have the same problem would be able to read your clever solution and benefit from your brilliance.

rm06
October 31st, 2008, 04:52 AM
Regarding the notification area, right click on your panel and click Add to Panel, then choose Notification Area and position it wherever you'd like on the panel.

My Amarok icon was simply hidden by the Window List divider (I wasn't wearing my glasses and I was tired and couldn't see it).