PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] No wireless detection after updates this morning

DougieFresh4U
October 24th, 2008, 01:06 PM
There were like 62 updates this morning. So after update it called for 'System Restart' (hate those) and upon restart my system is not detecting wireless. No icon up in right hand corner.
My system is a plain old intel with no fancy graphic's or any modifications.
Has this happened to any one else?
I am using Live-CD, so I do know that there is nothing wrong with my connection. Now I am not sure as to how to trouble shoot this or how to get it detecting again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the 1rst time I've ever had this kind of problem after updates and I have been using Ibex from the start of it.
Thanks

Edit: Also noticed after update/restart that while system is loading, progress bar stops halfway through and 'hangs' quite a bit longer than it should, but eventually does get to login screen

niccholaspage
October 24th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Hm.. I just finished installing 99 updates from the Update Manager. I will restart and see what happens.

gmclachl
October 24th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I don't know if it is of any help, but I have noticed that a lot of times when I have pulled down updates that required a restart the wireless would not come back up. In fact I posted a question on here about it. However shutting the machine down and booting it back up again worked.

George

niccholaspage
October 24th, 2008, 01:33 PM
My reboot went good. Nothing bad.

DougieFresh4U
October 24th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I don't know if it is of any help, but I have noticed that a lot of times when I have pulled down updates that required a restart the wireless would not come back up. In fact I posted a question on here about it. However shutting the machine down and booting it back up again worked.

George

Thanks , I thought of that also and rebooted 4 times and still not detection.

FuturePilot
October 24th, 2008, 02:58 PM
What kind of card do you have?

DougieFresh4U
October 24th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks for replies.
all is good now. I unplugged USB and re-connected wireless and re-edited and now it's working