PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Adobe CS3 in WINE

skrap1r0n
October 23rd, 2008, 03:25 AM
ok so if I could get adobe to work here, I would be 100% free of having to deal with windows at all on this system. I need Photoshop, Fireworks and Dreamweaver to do my job.

My version of Adobe CS3 Master Collection is a windows version. Do I need a mac version or what? I cannot seem to get it to install at all. I put in the CD browse to it in WINE, the installer comes up I select Install and as soon as the CD starts to spin up and it says initializing installer, I get an error that says ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE and it quits.

Any Ideas?

oldrocker99
October 23rd, 2008, 03:49 AM
As I understand it, CS3 does not work under Wine, but CS2 does.

:guitar:

eternalnewbee
October 23rd, 2008, 04:27 AM
I don't know about cs3 but as oldrocker said cs2 does work.

drakeman007
October 23rd, 2008, 04:51 AM
ok so if I could get adobe to work here, I would be 100% free of having to deal with windows at all on this system. I need Photoshop, Fireworks and Dreamweaver to do my job.

My version of Adobe CS3 Master Collection is a windows version. Do I need a mac version or what? I cannot seem to get it to install at all. I put in the CD browse to it in WINE, the installer comes up I select Install and as soon as the CD starts to spin up and it says initializing installer, I get an error that says ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE and it quits.

Any Ideas?

You use all the programs in master collection?
cause you can try to use only the installes of the programs you need.!

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=6584

Good luck!