PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] FreeRapid Downloader 64 bits issue? help please.

evilkastel
October 23rd, 2008, 02:45 AM
Hello, all. I got FreeRapid DOwnloader 0.7 and 0.65. Works great but is gives me an error when I add urls. It doesn't matter, because still downloads, but it won't save my URL list, so, i have to copy and paste the links each time I boot. HelP? anyone?

Vity
October 23rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
FreeRapid probably doesn't have sufficient write access rights to .FRD folder in your home directory (~/.FRD). Check these rights.

evilkastel
October 23rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
Well, I gave bought ~/.FRD and ~/.frd (the folder where I unziped) full permission, and yet it keeps poping this error:

Level:
SEVERE
Stack Trace:
null
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknow n Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java :261)
java.beans.Statement.invoke(Statement.java:231)
java.beans.Expression.getValue(Expression.java:115 )
The rest is quite much like this last four lines with different values. If needed I can post th entire error.
----------------------------------------

BTW, are you the same vity who makes it? I love this program, i need to get it to work properly! Please, help!

Vity
October 23rd, 2008, 04:58 PM
Hmmms this exception comes from deep inside of Java runtime environment. It has probably nothing to do with FreeRapid. Are you sure you have 1.6 Java correctly installed? Check it with "java -version" command.
Or is it similar to this: http://bugtracker.wordrider.net/task/19?project=4&status[0]= ?
XML serialization seems to be broken in Java.

Yeah, I am the same Vity ;-). FreeRapid has own forum here:
http://wordrider.net/forum/list.php?7

evilkastel
October 23rd, 2008, 09:26 PM
I was trying to post there, but you were right. I fixed it by reinstalling JRE and uninstalling somethin called OpenJRE or so.... Thank you man for the great app, i love it, way better than USD and suitable for linux.