PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Switching default app (bit torrent to transmission)

adamogardner
October 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
oK WHEN i DOWNLOAD A TORRENT, I USE BIT TORRENT BY DEFAULT. I WANT TO SWITCH TO TRANSMISSION. THE DIALOG WINDOW ASKS IF I WANT TO USE ANOTHER APPLICATION BUT I CAN'T FIND IT IN MY FILE SYSTEM. KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

HAPPY CAPSLOCK DAY

freelinuxhelp
October 22nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
I'm not on my Ubuntu machine right now, and I use Deluge, but I think Transmission is the default. Have you changed it? What version of Ubuntu?

No-Neck
October 22nd, 2008, 03:46 PM
dOWNLOAD A TORRENT FILE TO YOUR DESKTOP, RIGHT CLICK IT, SELECT "pROPERTIES". fIND THE "oPEN wITH" TAB AND SELECT tRANSMISSION. :)

hAPPY cAPSLOCK DAY INDEED.

adamogardner
October 23rd, 2008, 12:17 AM
I have hardy. and no transmission doesn't seem to be my default. It just says "open with bit torrent?" which I also have in my apps menu with transmission.

I can't select transmission in that dialog box because I have to search for the file. can't find it. ?

earthpigg
October 23rd, 2008, 12:54 AM
how do you normally start transmission?

adamogardner
October 23rd, 2008, 03:04 PM
how do you normally start transmission?

well, funny you should ask. I don't start transmission. sure I clicked on it from the apps menu but I don't download a torrent until I click on one. then I'm doomed to use 'bit torrent'