PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] .html files and firefox

methodmarvel
October 22nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
I use a .html page/software-thing called TiddlyWiki (http://www.tiddlywiki.com/). It is a notebook style piece of coding which allows editing within the file - it's very useful + cross platform - all you need is a web browser.

Originally when I opened these .html files they opened in firefox however now Ubuntu offers to "Run in terminal/display/cancel/run" these html files. I've tried clicking all of these options which appear to do nothing. After a while a second box opens but the file never opens (see picture below).

I now instead have to right click and select "Open with other application..." and then select Firefox from the list.

The radio button is set to firefox in the properties menu but it still doesn't work

Even after doing this for a file it does not remember I want to open it with firefox and instead offers the "Run in terminal/display/cancel/run" window.

I can find no way to force ubuntu to make all .html files open in firefox.

Please help :(

http://lh3.ggpht.com/jaglittlewood/SP8rASBWTOI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/iFqdzKMwfEc/s800/Screenshot-2.png

Sarmacid
October 22nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Right click the file, properties. There you should see a tab saying "open with", change the radio button to firefox.

methodmarvel
October 22nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
Right click the file, properties. There you should see a tab saying "open with", change the radio button to firefox.

It is already

Sarmacid
October 22nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Is there any other application on the list?

methodmarvel
October 22nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Is there any other application on the list?
Open office and text editor - I've just removed them from the list. There is a picture in my first post.

swisscow
October 22nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Right click, check permissions

Make sure the execute check box is completely empty (may have to click a few times in it). Then try opening your file

methodmarvel
October 22nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
Right click, check permissions

Make sure the execute check box is completely empty (may have to click a few times in it). Then try opening your file

Billiant - looks like that has sorted it. I will mark this thread as solved.

I swear I checked the permission... I must be going soft.

Thanks Sarmacid and swisscow.

swisscow
October 22nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
My pleasure, glad it's all ok