PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] i need a debugger..is there one

natedogg23
October 22nd, 2008, 04:59 AM
i already have somewhere or whats a terminal command or anything would help really

taqkavar
October 22nd, 2008, 05:14 AM
You can use gdb. The step option is quite useful.
Please ask your questions in more detailed manner.
use "man gdb" or visit http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/

Edit:
If you are not a programmer, you don't need a debugger

natedogg23
October 22nd, 2008, 05:25 AM
im downloading that. i was asking if there is one already on my pc that comes with the ubuntu install or upgrade. sometimes someone just gives me a terminal code to istall it if its already there

natedogg23
October 22nd, 2008, 07:03 AM
do i need anything other than firestarter? i just started using it so i went without anything for the first few weeks ive had a pc. ive had ubuntu the whole time but havent used any protection until firestarter a few days ago. i wanted to know about debugging bc i was downloading movies and shows a few weeks back and the dl speed dropped from 90 to 15kbs. im not a programmer so ill delete what i downloaded

MaxIBoy
October 22nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
Oh, I don't think the debugger will help for that. A debugger is something you use when you write a program that isn't working, and you need to figure out what line of code is crashing it.

I think I see the problem. If you have Comcast internet, the connection slows down really bad whenever you pull up a bittorrent program.

natedogg23
October 22nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
i have roadrunner. so the firewall is all i need for protection? all the stuff from before i got it is gone by now just from clearing private data through the browser?