PDA

View Full Version : Why do Thread Tools No Longer Contain Unsubscribe From Thread

cmnorton
October 19th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Will Thread Tools contain Unsubscribe from Thread and when?

smartboyathome
October 19th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I think its a bug. I get "Subscribe to thread" even in threads I've subscribed to.

cmnorton
October 19th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I think its a bug. I get "Subscribe to thread" even in threads I've subscribed to. Thanks for your reply. Is it in the works to be fixed?

LaRoza
October 19th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks for your reply. Is it in the works to be fixed?

Well, technically, everything is in the works to be fixed.

I know there is a new version of vBulletin (don't worry, smaller upgrade that last time) being tested, and that may fix it.

Mark224
November 10th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I too would like a fix to this. I cannot unsubscribe from threads that I am no longer interested in.

Elfy
November 10th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I too would like a fix to this. I cannot unsubscribe from threads that I am no longer interested in.

Yes you can -

Open your control panel - Subscribed Threads - list subscription - tick the box net to the thread then at bottom - selected threads - delete subcsription

drubin
November 10th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Yes you can -

Open your control panel - Subscribed Threads - list subscription - tick the box net to the thread then at bottom - selected threads - delete subcsription

The issue with that is it only shows threads with "new" posts there is no way to unsubscribe from a thread unless some one posts in it and you do not view it.

This is listed in the emails you get on the subsciptions but not sure why this would not be included CPannel?
http://ubuntuforums.org/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&type=thread&subscriptionid={$THREAD_ID}&auth={$SOME_HASHCODE}

Elfy
November 10th, 2008, 05:08 PM
No it doesn't - I have all my currently subscribed threads available for me.

Opening user cp only shows the threads with new posts - listing subscriptions does just that :)

drubin
November 10th, 2008, 05:13 PM
No it doesn't - I have all my currently subscribed threads available for me.

Opening user cp only shows the threads with new posts - listing subscriptions does just that :)

Never looked there :)

ubuntu-geek
November 11th, 2008, 12:33 AM
For those of you having problems with unsubscribing to threads etc. At the lower left corner of the forums there is a drop down box, choose Clean v3 as your theme (yes its ugly default vbulletin) but I want to see if you can do what you need on this theme. It could be a theme issue on clean v2.

drubin
November 11th, 2008, 12:49 AM
For those of you having problems with unsubscribing to threads etc. At the lower left corner of the forums there is a drop down box, choose Clean v3 as your theme (yes its ugly default vbulletin) but I want to see if you can do what you need on this theme. It could be a theme issue on clean v2.

No it still says subscribe to this thread(I am already subscribed). See attached.
http://ubuntuforums.org/subscription.php?do=addsubscription&t=952648

I finally figured out why I do not like other forums the themes are just shocking and make you want to leave. The ubuntuforums theme is rated in my mind as the *best* forum theme ever. thanks ubuntu-geek

ubuntu-geek
November 11th, 2008, 12:52 AM
No it still says subscribe to this thread(I am already subscribed). See attached.
http://ubuntuforums.org/subscription.php?do=addsubscription&t=952648

I finally figured out why I do not like other forums the themes are just shocking and make you want to leave. The ubuntuforums theme is rated in my mind as the *best* forum theme ever. thanks ubuntu-geek
Thanks for the kind words, I put alot of effort into this theme :) And I'll check into this bug a little more.

ubuntu-geek
November 11th, 2008, 01:04 AM
BTW, I removed the test theme. Thanks drubin for testing.

drubin
November 11th, 2008, 01:06 AM
BTW, I removed the test theme. Thanks drubin for testing.

Pleasure.

Glad the theme got removed we don't want others to know that this forum still has support for that one :)

drubin
November 11th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Not sure how relevant this is.
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php?s=&issueid=21698

cyberdork33
November 11th, 2008, 03:42 AM
nvm

drubin
November 11th, 2008, 02:20 PM
nvm

What was the point of this? (It also doesn't say you edited it..)

Joeb454
November 11th, 2008, 02:21 PM
What was the point of this? (It also doesn't say you edited it..)

If you edit within 1 or 2 minutes (I think it's 2 minutes). vBulletin won't show that you edited your post :)

* This is an edit straight after making the post *

drubin
November 11th, 2008, 02:32 PM
If you edit within 1 or 2 minutes (I think it's 2 minutes). vBulletin won't show that you edited your post :)

* This is an edit straight after making the post *

Never knew that thanks..

cyberdork33
November 11th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Never knew that thanks..

yea that is interesting.

I originally replied to an earlier post and didn't realize there was a second page which addressed my concern.

Nothing to see here, move along.

drubin
November 26th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the kind words, I put alot of effort into this theme :) And I'll check into this bug a little more.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6256612&postcount=6

Can this be added to the theme? Just have both of them there for now? Because I am not sure how easy it would be to do the check.