PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] how do i unistall ultamatix?

bjhome
October 19th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I have this on my computer and have read comments where it is not safe.How do i remove it?

armageddon08
October 19th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I have this on my computer and have read comments where it is not safe.How do i remove it?
First do:

sudo apt-get remove ultamatix
Then open up your /etc/apt/sources.list and delete the repo lines(all the lines in between the headers) :

#ULTAMATIX REPOS START.......
......#ULTAMATIX REPOS END

Kimm
October 19th, 2008, 11:00 AM
If you need help with codecs and such, take a look at Medibuntu :)

http://www.medibuntu.org/

bjhome
October 19th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I have done this already but it is still on my desktop and in my appl. under system tools?

armageddon08
October 19th, 2008, 11:15 AM
I have done this already but it is still on my desktop and in my appl. under system tools?

Did you install the deb file or the source tarball?
Also, what does it say when you click the Ultamatix icon under system-tools? Does Ultamatix start ?

bjhome
October 19th, 2008, 11:16 AM
it says that ultimax is uninstalled in the terminal when i put in the first command . does this mean i just need to delete the desktop icon and one in applications , system tools.??

Elfy
October 19th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Have you run the apt-get remove - I know you've done the other :)

You might need to purge it

sudo apt-get purge ultamatix

bjhome
October 19th, 2008, 11:18 AM
its all good its gone now. Thanks...can you please tell me how to remove the computer, trash and home icons off my desktop . i have them in my toolbar panel and prefer a clean desktop.

armageddon08
October 19th, 2008, 11:22 AM
its all good its gone now. Thanks...can you please tell me how to remove the computer, trash and home icons off my desktop . i have them in my toolbar panel and prefer a clean desktop.
This should help:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
You will find the app under applications > System Tools. In the app you will find a tab that'll allow you to get rid of those icons as well as rename them (if you want).

bjhome
October 19th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Many thanks