PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wired/Wireless connection

Tanith12
October 18th, 2008, 09:56 PM
So right now i have my Hp pavilion dv2410ca wired up to my router, and im trying to get this thing going wireless asap because of school, i tried to get help for this a while ago but came out with errors, and now that i have my live cd im trying again to get this working. Unfortuantly i am not ubuntu literate yet so i will need help on some of the steps (namely when i get wrong feedback from the terminal) Any help is great thanks.

Will

Ayuthia
October 18th, 2008, 10:01 PM
So right now i have my Hp pavilion dv2410ca wired up to my router, and im trying to get this thing going wireless asap because of school, i tried to get help for this a while ago but came out with errors, and now that i have my live cd im trying again to get this working. Unfortuantly i am not ubuntu literate yet so i will need help on some of the steps (namely when i get wrong feedback from the terminal) Any help is great thanks.

Will

Can you post your lspci -nn results? It will help us see which wireless card you have and then we could point you to a better guide or even something that might work out a little more easier.

Tanith12
October 18th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Scratch my last post, i figured it out (i clicked on system and administrative hardware and clicked update or something of the sort, restart and now it sees my network) the issue im having now is that for some reason it wont accept my password (its set to the 128 WEP, which it is) i keep typing the password, the little computers turn into 2 balls the lower one green and a blue circle starts going around., then it pops up asking me for the password again. Any ideas?