PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sound Doesnt work! >:(

MikeyUbun2
October 17th, 2008, 03:12 AM
I am running ubuntu hardy 8.04 LTS i386 on a dell inspiron-1525 laptop

My sound randomly stopped working. I was making something on flash 8 under wine and my friend said to bring it to his help so he could help me scripting. So i save and hibernate and bring it over. I turn it on and it hadn't saved the state so i needed to reopen flash. later i decided to add music to it and noticed my sound wasnt working. when i went to volume control it gave me the following message:

The volume control did not find any elements and/or devices to control. This means either that you don't have the right GStreamer plugins installed, or that you don't have a sound card configured.

You can remove the volume control from the panel by right-clicking the speaker icon on the panel and selecting "Remove From Panel" from the menu.

So after a while i tryed using headphones to see if they work. they get the normal faint background noise as usual but also a loud beep sometimes when i hit delete.

I went into armarok to see if i could play anything and it did the strangest thing, it started opening songs and then deleting them from the playlist, then going to the next one opening it then deleting it too. So i pressed stop.

I have no idea what to do as i am fairly new to ubuntu (and loving it!) so some help would be great

:)