PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Wallpaper with Maltese Scencery

seancarlgrech
October 16th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Ubuntu Wallpaper -> edited photo taken by me at Marsaxlokk, Malta.
Hope you like it... will be posting more in the near future :D

lukjad007
October 16th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Nice background.

Some problems: the logo is too big and defined and on the same side as the icons will be. If I were you, I would change the colour to greenish blue and shift it to the logo to the other side. Try to blend it a bit, and make it a bit transparent, that way, you get a textured look that fits the image.

Thricemin
October 16th, 2008, 01:21 AM
i like it and i like the logo. ;)

seancarlgrech
October 16th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Nice background.

Some problems: the logo is too big and defined and on the same side as the icons will be. If I were you, I would change the colour to greenish blue and shift it to the logo to the other side. Try to blend it a bit, and make it a bit transparent, that way, you get a textured look that fits the image.

no problem, will do so and repost...

thanks for your tips :)

smartboyathome
October 16th, 2008, 02:26 AM
No Ubuntu logo please! I hate having branding on my desktop! :P

seancarlgrech
October 16th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Slightly different versions...

will make one with all your suggestions tomorrow as in Malta its 3:30am at the moment... and i have drank enough coffee for today...

as regards the color of the logo, i don't really like the idea of changing them as it is recommended not to do so.

comments and suggestions :)

seancarlgrech
October 16th, 2008, 02:50 AM
No Ubuntu logo please! I hate having branding on my desktop! :P

there you go!

i personally took these photographs of my village... feel free to edit, use & share...

smartboyathome
October 16th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Good job, thanks!

1 question, though: Did you happen to use the oil painting brush on the first one? Its sort of glitchy.

seancarlgrech
October 16th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Good job, thanks!

1 question, though: Did you happen to use the oil painting brush on the first one? Its sort of glitchy.

glad you like it :)

infact i did....

just in case, here's the original photo:

seancarlgrech
October 16th, 2008, 10:41 AM
another 2 edits and 3 photos...

hope you like...

more later on today...

bdw, feel free if you want to edit any of my pictures and re-post, go ahead, I would be more than happy, after all that's another reason why we are all here! sharing!

lukjad007
October 16th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Nice. As for the changing of the colour, the Kubuntu logo is blue, it may fit in a tad better. Still, not bad. :D

seancarlgrech
October 16th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Nice. As for the changing of the colour, the Kubuntu logo is blue, it may fit in a tad better. Still, not bad. :D

ok np...
will do it for you than :P

seancarlgrech
October 16th, 2008, 12:04 PM
that's for kubuntu :D

(honestly don't really like the 1st one with the blue logo)
comment pls...

does anyone know of any page with .png logos of ubuntu like in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Official ?

lukjad007
October 16th, 2008, 12:30 PM
That's really looking nice. :D

I agree with you on the first one. I gotta run, catch you later! ;)

Gutt
October 16th, 2008, 05:57 PM
The second Kubuntu wallpaper is really nice :) . The only problem with the first is simply that Blue and Orange don't really go nice together, it's best off being an Ubuntu wallpaper than Kubuntu.
That said, good job :) .

seancarlgrech
October 17th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Thanks to all!

ideas? :)

lukjad007
October 17th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Well, I think that you could have a bit more flexibility if you just chose a font and typed the word Ubuntu. Then you could change the font colour to fir the image with no legal hassles.

seancarlgrech
October 17th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Well, I think that you could have a bit more flexibility if you just chose a font and typed the word Ubuntu. Then you could change the font colour to fir the image with no legal hassles.

what font shall i use?

seancarlgrech
October 17th, 2008, 08:48 PM
i removed the attachment from this post...

the picture's logo was in another font

will be posting same picture with proper ubuntu font soon

smartboyathome
October 17th, 2008, 10:21 PM
you should use the ubuntu title font. It's in the repos.

lukjad007
October 17th, 2008, 10:46 PM
+1 to the title font, but I like the one you used. What is it? Also, if you used it on the http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=88530&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1224154959 one, you could make it green and put it on the grass, or blue and on the sky.

seancarlgrech
October 17th, 2008, 11:05 PM
+1 to the title font, but I like the one you used. What is it? Also, if you used it on the http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=88530&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1224154959 one, you could make it green and put it on the grass, or blue and on the sky.

k will try doing it tommorrow, got to go to sleep now sorry :/ but tomorrow working early

lukjad007
October 17th, 2008, 11:39 PM
No rush, do it at your own pace. :D You are a great photographer by the by.

seancarlgrech
October 18th, 2008, 06:48 PM
No rush, do it at your own pace. :D You are a great photographer by the by.

thanks for your kind word :)

here you are, not the best i could do... but i'm a bit busy at the moment...:

seancarlgrech
October 18th, 2008, 06:59 PM
smaller logo

coming soon (http://www.toros.hu/server/shots/malta-1280x800.png) thx to toros

Gutt
October 18th, 2008, 07:28 PM
This is some nice work seancarlgrech :) . Those are some really nice pics and wallpapers ;) .

Sisteroot
October 18th, 2008, 07:35 PM
nice! :rolleyes:

seancarlgrech
October 18th, 2008, 10:04 PM
thanks guys...

I'm always open for comments and suggestions

:)

Gutt
October 19th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Aren't there any desert-ish landscapes in Malta ? I find that desert landscapes and savanna landscapes work best with Ubuntu wallpapers.
You could also get some nice beach pictures no :D ?

seancarlgrech
October 19th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Aren't there any desert-ish landscapes in Malta ? I find that desert landscapes and savanna landscapes work best with Ubuntu wallpapers.
You could also get some nice beach pictures no :D ?

desert... there's not much space for deserts in Malta... i mean, we're talking about an island with a total area of 316kmē packed with a population of 419,285, that's roughly 13mē per person XD...

-The beach's idea is great... will be taking some photos of beaches in Malta and post original and edit of them asap.

SphereCat1
October 21st, 2008, 11:11 PM
These are really nice photos! Could you post the original version of the orange sky one? I love it! :D

SphereCat1

lukjad007
October 21st, 2008, 11:37 PM
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My internet was down. :( Well, I'm back. :D I like the Ubuntu Sticker one, did you make it?

seancarlgrech
October 23rd, 2008, 08:58 AM
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My internet was down. :( Well, I'm back. :D I like the Ubuntu Sticker one, did you make it?
I took the photo and toros (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Toros3), a hungarian mate, added the logo (his idea)

see all + original photos here,
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/MalteseSceneryWallpaper

will post more wonderful photos soon

lukjad007
October 23rd, 2008, 01:35 PM
Ah! Still, nice work. It may not please everyone, but I know plenty of people will like it.

russu52
January 20th, 2009, 06:30 PM
take one of the open sea from benghajsa, with filfla on the far right, or form xrobb l-ghagin. i would like those, with a small transparent ubuntu logo? but i don't know where best to place it. nice postings!

SebGrey
January 26th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Really awesome 3d wallpaper! What about continue? ;)

BigSilly
January 26th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Nice wallpaper! I absolutely love Malta. What a wonderful place. Hoping to visit again soon.