PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Connecting to Exchange server over PPTP

anoble66
October 14th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Hi,

Could do with some help on this one, not sure if its a networking issue that I have or if Crossover 7 just doesn't work..

Basically, I have a PPTP VPN configured, connected to the corp network - works fine. I can ping various servers, by name or IP including the exchange server. I can also telnet to exchange server on port 25 and get a HELO back.

I have installed Office 2007 using CrossOver 7. I setup my Outlook mailbox in the usual way, it resolves the exchange and finds my mail box, hit next to open outlook and then error:-

"Cannot open your default email folders. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange with the current profile before you can sync offline"

So basically because it cannot communicate to exchange it is trying to work offline...anyone else managed to set this up connecting to exchange?

My laptop running XP can connect fine, running the exact same outlook profile settings..

Thanks for any help you can give!

anoble66
October 14th, 2008, 06:56 PM
As I suspected, this looks like to be a problem with Crossover 7.02...went on to their forums and a load of people both Linux and MAC are having the same problems. Pretty poor support from Crossover on this when this problem has existed for the last 6-8 months without a patch...guess I will have to keep my windows laptop for emails since Evolution exchange connector is also broken..