PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] taskbar shuffle feature on xfce

vikrant_me
October 14th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I cant shuffle items in my "taskbar" this is possible on gnome but cant seem to do it on xfce, any ideas?

denham2010
October 14th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Hi, you can not drag and drop like you can in Gnome. In XFCE you need to right click on the item, uncheck lock to panel, then right click again and select move. You can now point to where you want the item on your panel, and left click to place it. Ensure you lock the item when done, as a restart can end up returning the item to the original position.

Cheers!

vikrant_me
October 15th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Hi, you can not drag and drop like you can in Gnome. In XFCE you need to right click on the item, uncheck lock to panel, then right click again and select move. You can now point to where you want the item on your panel, and left click to place it. Ensure you lock the item when done, as a restart can end up returning the item to the original position.

Cheers!

I am sorry i should have been more specific in my question what i am trying to move here are not my panels, but the "buttons" which show in my taskbar for every window i open.

john.nicholls
October 15th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Xfce Settings Manager | Window Manager | Button Layout ?

vikrant_me
October 15th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Xfce Settings Manager | Window Manager | Button Layout ?

cant find such an option :(

denham2010
October 15th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Hi, I think you misunderstood my reply. Right clicking on the applets on the panel gives you the option to unlock their position and move them.

EDIT: Sorry, I did misread your post. You can not rearrange the items on your task bar. They will only display in the order opened.

vikrant_me
January 12th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I am talking about the buttons created when i open windows, not applets

Hi, I think you misunderstood my reply. Right clicking on the applets on the panel gives you the option to unlock their position and move them.

EDIT: Sorry, I did misread your post. You can not rearrange the items on your task bar. They will only display in the order opened.

adamlau
January 12th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I have not found a way to reorder the Xfce task list application icons. Might want to try #xfce as I have found it to be more active than the Xfce forums.