PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 2wire USB adapter not working

Sk8Save
October 14th, 2008, 07:21 AM
I just installed v.8.04 of Ubuntu and cannot link to the internet. As far as I can tell, my 2wire wireless adapter isn't working. I went to 2wire's site, and they have drivers only for Windows XP or Vista. Can anyone help me figure out how to get this working? Thanks much in advance!

jwk

Sk8Save
October 17th, 2008, 12:55 AM
More info on this. I have the drivers (both .inf and .sys files) and have tried using ndiswrapper (per directions on this site) to install. When I follow the command structure, it says that the file isn't in the /etc/ndiswrapper folder (the .inf file that is). When I try to put it in there somewhere, it won't let me (somehow, I'm not the root user). I need to get this up because most of what I do is via the internet, and if I can access the internet with this machine, I'm stuck with Windows.

A little more info: in the network manager, the ESSID is listed, and I have it set up for automatic configuration. When I do the lsusb command, it does list the wi-fi adapter as "ZyDAS WLA-54L WiFi" so the machine knows it's there.

Can anyone help me get this working?

NoBugs!
January 7th, 2009, 12:15 AM
The driver at the 2wire site doesn't seem to work, but these instructions should work:
http://www.ubuntu-unleashed.com/2008/02/howto-setup-2wire-80211g-wireless-usb.html