PDA

View Full Version : Inkscape - Path spacing

frit
October 14th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Hello, I was drawing some illustrations in inkscape and I found that when I draw two shapes one beside the other like in this screenshot, there's a small gap between them:
http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotei1.png
I've searched all around inkscape and haven't found a way to remove the gap.
I want to know if there's a way to do it. Any ideas?

smartboyathome
October 14th, 2008, 06:26 PM
I don't understand, can you post a screenshot of what you are talking about?

Kevbert
October 14th, 2008, 06:51 PM
What version of Inkscape are you using ? In 0.46 you can select one shape with the pick tool (arrow icon) and using the cursor keys move it next to the other shape. You can zoom in with the eyeglass and see no space or overlap.

frit
October 14th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I don't understand, can you post a screenshot of what you are talking about?

Sorry, I did post an image, but the forum somehow took the tag out.
There's a link to it now.

@kevbert
the problem is that if i move any of them, they are going to override each other. They are, hipotetically, exactly beside each other.

smartboyathome
October 14th, 2008, 10:12 PM
The only way I can think of without overlapping is getting the exact (X,Y) coordinates using the path tool and a text editor and then entering those as the (X,Y) coordinates for the other point. Its time consuming, but thats how you get rid of that.

power.supply
October 15th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Have you tried changing the snap properties

(Shift+Control+D) or File -> Document Properties
The only problem that I cannot fix with this is that you cannot snap a circle to a circle at angles other then 90 degree intervals. Any one know how to fix that?

Hope this helps

power.supply
October 15th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Don't worry I figured out a way to do that. Snap them together at a 90 degree interval then group them then rotate.

frit
October 15th, 2008, 03:13 PM
@smartboyathome
I can't explain why, but that isn't going to work :S

@power.supply
they are already snapped, I've built them using pen + snap to node and some path difference/intersection.

this seems to be quite a problem :|

smartboyathome
October 15th, 2008, 06:38 PM
@smartboyathome
I can't explain why, but that isn't going to work :S

@power.supply
they are already snapped, I've built them using pen + snap to node and some path difference/intersection.

this seems to be quite a problem :|

Only other alternative, then, is overlapping them. Thats all I can think of.

oedipuss
October 15th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Another alternative would be to add a thin stroke to the shapes, the same color as the fill. It would be practically invisible, but would cause a little overlap and fix that gap.

power.supply
October 15th, 2008, 11:19 PM
I agree with oedipuss. That would by far be the easiest way.

frit
October 16th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Another alternative would be to add a thin stroke to the shapes, the same color as the fill. It would be practically invisible, but would cause a little overlap and fix that gap.
Great idea.
I think I can go on using this by now.
Thank you all.