PDA

View Full Version : Editing post of other forums not working.

Indy452
October 12th, 2008, 02:38 AM
The edit feature does not work with Ubuntu 8.4 and Fire fox3 when I'm on other forums. For eg, after I post a reply or thread and I screw up I am supposed to be able to go back within a certain time frame and edit but when I click it, it only sits there and the little timer runs forever and won't edit.
My guess its a script thing or java thing but I'm unsure where to fix it. Can someone give me some sort of clue?

Thanks

Neal

Test..Hmm. I can edit this forum but not others.

Edit bodhi.zazen: Works for me :) are you sure you are not editing posts in an archived section of the forms ?

handydan918
October 12th, 2008, 03:08 AM
The edit feature does not work with Ubuntu 8.4 and Fire fox3 when I'm on other forums. For eg, after I post a reply or thread and I screw up I am supposed to be able to go back within a certain time frame and edit but when I click it, it only sits there and the little timer runs forever and won't edit.
My guess its a script thing or java thing but I'm unsure where to fix it. Can someone give me some sort of clue?

Thanks

Neal

Test..Hmm. I can edit this forum but not others.
Ummm...what others?

bodhi.zazen
October 12th, 2008, 03:12 AM
OP thread edited and moved :)

Indy452
October 12th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Where did my thread go? OP?? OP what?

jpeddicord
October 13th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Where did my thread go? OP?? OP what?

OP = Original Poster.

"OP thread edited and moved" is the same as "Your thread edited and moved"

bodhi.zazen
October 13th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Just an update. I have exchanged a few PM with Indy452. He is not happy I moved his thread here , lol

At any rate he is NOT having problems with the Ubuntu forums and I referred him to the admin of the "other forums".

I would not be opposed to moving this thread back to general help , but I do not see how that will help Indy452.

Indy452
October 13th, 2008, 08:07 PM
I was able to edit posts in the "other" forum not this one by switching browsers. I downloaded and installed the latest seamonkey browser and the edit feature is working with that browser but for some reason in Firefox3 the edit will not work.

So I have some clue now. It makes me wonder if there is a popup blocker not allowing the edit feature to work. I even disabled it in FF but it still won't edit. Its a shame because I prefer FF over seamonkey.

Oh well. Thanks anyway.

P.S I'm not really mad about this move here, just felt like it was an odd location for someone like me who posts in absolute beginner talk because I don't visit this forum everyday. I don't know all the terms like OP. OP to me means Ocean Pacific!
Anyway, Thanks