PDA

View Full Version : My Default Ubuntu Desktop Proposal (Using Existing Applications/Tools)

samushka
October 9th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Here is a link to some screenshots of what I think the default Ubuntu desktop should look like (Presently my current desktop setup).

http://picasaweb.google.com/samushka/UbuntuDesktopScreenshots#

Obviously I know looks are subjective, but feel free to leave comments & suggestions.

Thx!

lordfrikk
October 9th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Hi, Samushka! Would you mind posting a short guide how to setup the desktop so it'll look like that? I'm total newbie as to the changing looks thing in Ubuntu, so while I'd have a really nice desktop I'd learn a thing or two in the process!

Thanks in advance.

jonian_g
October 9th, 2008, 03:05 PM
It's nice, but not everyone likes dark themes and docks.

aescnt
October 9th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Hey,

Nice setup, but it's long been made clear that the Dust theme will not make it as the distro's default. :/

aescnt
October 9th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Hey,

Nice setup, but it's long been made clear that the Dust theme will not make it as the distro's default. :/

smartboyathome
October 9th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I think its nice, but please just don't go there with the dock. I hate docks, as they always waste a ton of space which isn't needed to be wasted. I find the default layout way better.

Gutt
October 10th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Great setup :) . The dock may waste a bit of space like smartboyathome said, but it's still really nicely done !