PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How I move the menubar back on top?

Albertkinng
October 9th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I don't know what I did but suddenly my menubar it's on the right, I want it on top as always, how can I put it there again? drag and drop? I'm new in ubuntu, first timer sorry in advance...:confused:

Liviu-Theodor
October 9th, 2008, 12:18 PM
If you are saying about the menu with "Applications Places System", right-click on it, Properties, from the Orientation, choose Top. Also works drag-and-drop.

Zimmer
October 9th, 2008, 12:19 PM
just right click on an empty space on the panel and click Properties. A GUI will guide you to placing the menu bar

Albertkinng
October 9th, 2008, 12:27 PM
click where? I'm doing what you say but I don't have an empty space.... let me try again...:(

ellalan
October 9th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Close all windows and you will have your empty Desktop. then right click.

Edit: Right click on the panel.Then properties,under general you can choose the Orientation.

Albertkinng
October 9th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Ok Done! great! I love this OS! I want to learn so much of it that is insane! I remember feeling like that when Mac OS arrive in my life!

padrejeff
October 23rd, 2008, 10:59 PM
Close all windows and you will have your empty Desktop. then right click.

Edit: Right click on the panel.Then properties,under general you can choose the Orientation.

I am having the same problem. However, when I right click on the panel menubar, I am not given a properties option. My choices are:

Help
Edit Menus
Remove from Panel
Move
Lock to Panel

Lock is off. If I choose "move", I get a little hand to drag drop. But nothing happens when I try to drag it.

What can I try now?? :mad:

Zimmer
October 24th, 2008, 12:46 AM
You have not clicked exactly on an empty space on the bar, you have clicked on an Application/launcher or special area on the bar . Try again in various places along the bar.

padrejeff
October 24th, 2008, 01:37 AM
You have not clicked exactly on an empty space on the bar, you have clicked on an Application/launcher or special area on the bar . Try again in various places along the bar.

Thanks, I followed your instruction and got it.
Sorry I'm so dense!

JJ

Zimmer
October 24th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Not dense. Knowledge is acquired by experience, researching and questioning....
Easy questions are ones you know the answers to.
Hard questions are ones you do not know the answer to.

What would life be if everyone 'knew' absolutely everything?