PDA

View Full Version : Is Myth a Myth? ($500 contest)

SoFingFrustrated
October 8th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Removed

laga
October 8th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Hey,

I meant to comment on your blog a while ago. You set out to create a MythTV box. Your only constraint was that you were never going to ask on a forum.

You did never ask a question here. Instead, you came here and made at least three postings where you complained how bad MythTV/Mythbuntu was. That made me a little bit sad because I'm *sure* your problems could have been solved by asking a few simple questions here. But hey, I'm not going to force you to let others help you :)

The whole Open Source thing. Community is an integral part to many open source projects, including Ubuntu. If you read the Code of Conduct for Ubuntu contributors, you will find that it puts some emphasis on being nice to others. What I'm trying to say: you can't use the full power of open source when you force yourself not to ask questions.

Well, good luck with your quest. I hope someone is going to get those $500, that's a nice amount of money. I can't help you myself as I'm located in Germany and things are different here.

What are you going to do with 20 PVR 150's? Sell those boxes?

Regards,

Michael

edit: P.s.: This is actually a good example how open source works. It's free as in freedom. But you still need to invest time, money, or both. Yay for open source consulting :)

SoFingFrustrated
October 8th, 2008, 11:03 AM
removed

laga
October 8th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Why did you remove your posting? Have you found someone who is going to take the job?

SoFingFrustrated
October 8th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Why did you remove your posting? Have you found someone who is going to take the job?

Pops didn't care for my wording...don't have new copy yet