PDA

View Full Version : 8.10 Beta no TV-Out

rschapman
October 6th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Over the weekend I tried 8.10 beta. Under 8.04 beta during install when asked to configure TV-Out the drop down menus offered nvidia 2-4 graphics drivers. This worked perfectly and I couldn't have been happier. Under 8.10 this has been replaced with nvidia glx 177 or 173 driver options. Not knowing which one to try I tried both. Neither worked and I would have to go into low graphics mode to see anything at all. What happened to the previous method and what driver should I use if neither worked out of the box? Thanks.

superm1
October 6th, 2008, 08:55 PM
This should be functional for the cards supported (we'll need to put some documentation together for which cards go with which release). The 2 other versions are broken in Intrepid.

Can you please file a bug, and start out by posting lspci, /var/log/installer/* to that bug?

rschapman
October 6th, 2008, 10:42 PM
I already installed 8.04 again but I don't mind trying to replicate the issue. Can you tell me how to file the bug report and do that last part you mentioned. Thanks.

superm1
October 6th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Hi:

File a bug at http://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu

Do your install, let it boot into safe graphics mode. File the bug "from" that machine, and attach any logs that are in /var/log/installer after you reboot.

Also, run

mythbuntu-log-grabber

and add the URL to the bug.